OP
OP
N

NSdigbug

Greenie
Feb 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all! I am not sure of it. Just says 1876 where the other says since 1876.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is it some kind of commemorative cap?

Budweiser began in 1876, when the E. Anheuser Brewing Association of St. Louis introduced Budweiser Lager Beer. This isn't necessarily a commemorative cap, it's just one of their many cap styles they have. I've drank A LOT of beer over the past 20 years and I remember this particular cap from not more than a few years ago.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488353391.818079.jpg

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Budweiser began in 1876, when the E. Anheuser Brewing Association of St. Louis introduced Budweiser Lager Beer. This isn't necessarily a commemorative cap, it's just one of their many cap styles they have. I've drank A LOT of beer over the past 20 years and I remember this particular cap from not more than a few years ago.

View attachment 1421044

Budweiser started out as Charles Conrad and Co with a cork cap. I know this as I have the 1876 bottle and believe me E. Anheuser had nothing to do with Bud until Later. Charles Conrad went bankrupt in the late 1800's. Charles had a loan from Adolphus Busch that was called when he couldn't make a payment and went bankrupt.
Adolphus Busch took over Charles Conrad & Company and Budweiser along with it. The early Bud Bottle from 1876 had a cork cap wired on top and the bottles were hand blown in St Louis. Poor Charles Conrad the inventor of Bud was taken by Adolphus Busch when he lost his business by default so Adolphus Busch gave him a job for life at his brewery. Charles had to watch as Bud became the most favored beer of all time. The bottle I found is so rare nobody has ever seen one. It used a paper label for the cover with green glass and is as big as a wine bottle. The only reason I found one in Arizona is because in the 1800's the bottles were worth more than the beer. They had no bottle blowers out here and they worth there weight in silver for holding other drinks. I have a copy of the original Trade Mark from the Patent office from 1876 to Charles Conrad. Budweiser would like to have everyone think they came up with the formula for bud, but, they did not.

https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/CarlConradCo.pdf

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread