Budwine bottle and thimble today

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
Only second time on this property. Located one of the homesites there and found some stuff. Only the second thimble I’ve ever found. Stopped by a 1930’s at the earliest bottle dump that I found the first time on propertyand found a few bottles to make wife happy. Budwine bottle will go next to the Bludwine we found a while back. Good luck everybody

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpeg
    IMG_1056.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1055.jpeg
    IMG_1055.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
Upvote 10

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of Bludwine.
Very cool finds.
Congrats, :icon_thumright:
MM

OP
OP
L

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
Cool finds! Really like The bottles! Do you save all the old iron?
So far I still have it all. Started detecting last May mostly on one property with 5 old homesites. I now have easily over a half ton of iron. Thought I would try to make some yard art out of some of it but haven’t gotten to that yet. Will probably have to take the worst of it to the scrap yard soon.

OP
OP
L

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
I've never heard of Bludwine.
Very cool finds.
Congrats, :icon_thumright:
MM
Bludwine was what Budwine was originally called. If I remember right the name changed in 1921. Found the Bludwine about a foot deep on one of the homesites I detect regularly. Found the Budwine today about 10 miles away in a not terribly old trash dump.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only second time on this property. Located one of the homesites there and found some stuff. Only the second thimble I’ve ever found. Stopped by a 1930’s at the earliest bottle dump that I found the first time on propertyand found a few bottles to make wife happy. Budwine bottle will go next to the Bludwine we found a while back. Good luck everybody
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread