Bulky glove solution.

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While winter hunting, I wear glove liners under big bulky waterproof golves. It's hard enough just picking up small items, and then I have to try and open my velcro closed pouch without dropping my small object. I found out that a 2 inch diameter pvc pipe I took from my fishing plug bag worked great. It also leaves just enough room to nudge bigger items down into the bag. P1000393.JPG

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good idea, Bob!

See you sometime at the beaches around here.

Lorraine

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
CTbob I like your idea.

This is what works for me. I use Seirus All Weather Gloves. They are thin enough that i can manipulate small objects like coins. They are water resistant. Enough so to wear beach hunting wet sand. No go in ocean up north. They are good for me down into the mid twenties air temp range. Lower than that i wear them as an underglove with goretex mittens. That combo is good down to as cold as it gets in the Northeast. Detector sounds off, scoop, take off mitten pick up and inspect find with gloved hand. It's a system that works well for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks Lorraine and Native Floridian. Lorraine,with alot of sand on my beach, and mostly lures and sinkers off the local tombolo, maybe I'll head west and be lucky to run into you again. Native Floridian, those gloves look real nice. I'm in shallow water most of the time, but evan if they don't work on there own, they would make a great liner for my trapper gloves, which have no insulation at all. Good luck with your m. d. ' ing.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good tip bob, those trapper gloves are the trick, but very hard to do much with other then keep dry and warm..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread