Bullet carved into a fishing weight, 1864 IH and CW Tent Pole section??

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Went back out to the same camp where I dug the breast plate last week.. signals are getting really scarce. I found a 1864 IH fatty that was MUCH better before I washed it.. I can hardly make out a date now:-( Also found the bullet pounded out into a fishing weight.. pretty interesting siince this is up on a mountain! The marble was in a little area that had washed out.. the round thing with the hole and the brass tube came out of the same hole?? It looks like the end of a wooden tent pole, in fact it even still has wood fibers in it.. only other relic of interest was the pounded out round ball... almost everything I dug was in tight against a tree or under a bush etc...

Mb

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Sweet finds,the brass tube just might be the end if a ram rod.But,that is just a guess.
Congrats

fortbball9

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
fortbball9 said:
Sweet finds,the brass tube just might be the end if a ram rod.But,that is just a guess.
Congrats

fortbball9

It is way to big for that... about 1" across.. and notched to fit into another device.. reminds me a lot of an old tent we had years ago.. .it had wooded poles a lot think this..

MB

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
tymcmurray said:
Good finds.
Love the fishing weight!

Thanks Ty..if you would like to trade it.. for... say.. umm... a nice Eagle D let me know!!! ;-)

MB

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Mirage said:
Some nice finds.

Those fatties usually are in rough condition. Still a great find. :icon_sunny:

Bob

I've had good luck w/ the fatties and FEs in the woods.. this was the exception... should not have cleaned it!!! errrrrrr

MB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions