Bullet ID Information Charts and/or Websites, please!

Capncrunch

Mar 25, 2020
KCMO Area
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 5000, Fisher F22, Quest X10, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have spent approximately two hours online- looking for a good site to get Info on a bullet that I dug.
It is .355" diameter, by .620" long. It has a single knurled Cannelure, and is made of lead.
I THINK I remember reading somewhere that the knurled cannelures didn't appear before maybe 1915?
My problem is the plethora of websites that CLAIM to have the dimensional information, but are ALWAYS deficit in what they actually have (MOST are focused on the ID and OAL of the LOADED cartridge, omitting the actual bullet length)! I mean, how hard can it possibly BE to just have a database that would easily ID this bullet?
Does anyone know of such a (wonderful) site, that I can use for this type of information, going forward?
Thanks in advance for any info, and God bless!
John

Attachments

• 10-05-22 LW's Neighbor Billy Joe's Hunt- .355 X .620 Bullet.jpg
    10-05-22 LW's Neighbor Billy Joe's Hunt- .355 X .620 Bullet.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 17

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
I'm guessing a 32 or a 38 round.
You can see the rifling & the crimp marks

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Capncrunch

Mar 25, 2020
KCMO Area
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 5000, Fisher F22, Quest X10, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The knurled cannelure first appeared in the early 1870s.
Really? That's an awesome date. Can you give me a site to find that, please! That would make many of my 'old' finds potentially very much older.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread