Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

Got off work early today and after lunch with the wife, went detecting. Found this lead ball and I'm assuming it's a bullet? Has a very slight flat spot. Sorry for the poor scan, my wife is gone with her camera. I don't have calipers but eyeballing with a ruler shows ~5/8ths which is .625. The only thing close to that caliber I saw on the internet was a that a Le Mat pistol in addition to its nine .42 caliber bullets had a .63 caliber shotgun charge. Any ideas?

Also in the same pic is a greenish watzit and a couple of shotgun brass. I thought the UMC New Club was kinda neat.

Thanks for looking,

Kent

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 293
  • shotgun brass.jpg
    shotgun brass.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 301
Upvote 0

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Appears to be Rememington shot shells.The lead ball could be CW but here in the Ozarks,I know people were still using them clear up to the 30's.Couldn't afford anything else.

OP
OP
Kent in AL

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the link Felinepeachy!

I thought of that too warsawdaddy. I guess they made bullets before and after the war, folks still hunted - just not each other. :D I thought it might be CW because I found a Confederate infantry button at this home site a few weeks back but it could have just been one dropped by the family.

Kent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread