Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to a civil war camp that I've been hunting for years and the place just keeps on giving. I'm sure that all of the rain we had yesterday probably helped us hear some of those iffy signals a little better. The camp is in the woods, so swinging a coil can get a little difficult a times, but turning over logs and trying to get into dense areas paid off today! My first find was a .58 cal 3 ringer,immediately followed by the eagle vest button. Then I found a nice eagle coat button with sharp details. I started working a steep hill and found an interesting flat button with a rolled edge and a unique shank, another 3 ringer, a round ball, pistol bullet, buck ball, spencer casing and burnside casing! I had an amazing day, but felt a little guilty because my diggin buddies weren't having the same luck. At the end of the day, we all found bullets, dropped or fired, so at least nobody got skunked!
After I got home and got some dinner in me I started cleaning up my finds. It was then that I realized the first button I found might possibly have a letter on the shield, and after some careful toothpicking I could clearly see a "C". I was so excited to get my first cavalry button, not to mention my very first lettered button ever! I can't wait to get back out there, hopefully the weather cooperates for the next couple weeks! Thanks, HH!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 4

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buttons man

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good stuff!

OP
OP
plugcutter84

plugcutter84

Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! I'm trying to get as much diggin in now before we start seeing snow here in Md.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread