Bullets and diamonds

Thaddeus

Dec 29, 2017
NFA
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok how do you tell if diamonds are real.....i have seen alot of glued on crap before but this one is set properly. It rang in the mid fifties but the metal seems kindy crappy and plated......but the stone still has a sharp point with facets underneath and is held on with clasps. It looks shiny for sure but how do you tell? Would someone make a ring with real diamonds and not a quality metal? Elaborate fake?
I also got a 5000 viet dong coin, a SEGA token, a triagular pin charm and i decided to keep my shells today. After getting around to checking one the other day and it was from a ww2 light machine gun which i think is interesting, i wanted to check these ones too. No dates on these. Two are bigger. Dont know enogh about bullets to know what they are.
Detected these on do san beach near hai phong. Super muddy and gross beach with tons of trash. Coins are actually quite rare in vietnam. Bullets are not. When you get coins they are always either forign or old. Ive only gotten three vietnamese coins in three weeks. I did get 500 yen too. I deal with the worst garbage here though. I was after a target right where the water was crashing today, and the waves washed a giant wite decompsing rat in my hole. Theres horseshoe crab carapaces that are half as big as basketballs or bigger everywhere. Its really cold here too, strange vibe in this town in the off season.

Attachments

• 20180204_214520.jpg
    20180204_214520.jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 20180204_213840.jpg
    20180204_213840.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 10

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bullets and diamonds is an awesome combination

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My guess is the stone is a CZ. I've yet to find a real stone mounted in junk metal.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I found what I thought was a real stone in a volleyball pit at a college. Thinking it was real I took it to my buddy jeweler and didn't get it out of my pocket good and he said "No".What a let down. But he said it's a nice CZ. The band was silver from Europe. It rang up 77 on my PRO. So I would suggest find a jeweler that won't charge you to appraise it. Nice find though.:occasion14:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is some really high quality costume jewelry on the market today. Usually, if the base metal isn't platinum, gold, or at least silver, the diamond isn't real. I have a small diamond tester that I think I purchased through Kellyco a few years back. They are not very expensive.
Congrats on your finds.

Last edited:

TWray

Sep 5, 2016
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I like the shells also. Congrats

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I hope the diamond is real!! I hear that if it scratches glass it’s real. Don’t know if it’s true.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A diamond tester is only about $20 on E-bay.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ring looks like it might be silver - just take to a jeweler- they can tell you in seconds
well..usually - had 3 tell me I had a fake (they were just guys behind a counter)
- 4th actually had a degree in gemology and told me I had a diamond cut in the 1800s
5th guy confirmed and bought the stone for $750

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First i thought it was a new song of Guns n Roses :tongue3:
Congrats, nice finds.

OP
OP
Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Dec 29, 2017
NFA
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes on my way to the jewelers right now......not gonna trust them too much though. Get alot of opinions and average them. I had a guy scratch some gold off my ring and put cream on the scratches with no reaction and say fake......he held onto it though and eventually placed it behind the counter as we were talking......when i asked for it he said fake like i should not want it......i got it back and walked out. He was going to buy my two silver rings and necklace though. Still going to get a diamond tester for myself.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does sound like a great name for a Rock band of a group of Gun slingers and a drop dead gorgeous singer.

davis.jpg

All kidding aside... CONGRATULATIONS on your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread