SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Bullets from last Friday's hunt

My friend Reid and I got an invite from Matt to come up to the Culpeper area and try out our new machines in the red dirt as sort of a pre-DIV outing. I learned a lot about the 5000 and how to use the pinpointer with it, but I still have a long learning curve before feeling comfortable. The 5000 was a killer on bullets and there's virtually no limit on the depth to which you can dig them. I ended up with 18 in all including a couple gardners, a sharps, a '69, and a couple other varieties. Most were from the 8-10" range and came in very solid. A couple were dug from around 14-15" and were not that difficult to hear. Of course it helped that I could hunt with the gain on 17 with very stable operation. Didn't really find any brass at the site, but did a little testing with an eagle button on a string that I brought along. The signal it produced was a little on the funky side, and was one that I might not normally dig. Guess I still have a lot to learn about interpretation of sounds when it comes to brass and iron. I did try what someone on the forum here suggested to eliminate interference from the Garrett ProPointer and it worked great. Just turn the ProPointer on along with the detector (which is extremely noisy), then go through the autotune process and it will select a clear frequency that will allow you to use the pinpointer while you're hunting without having to move the coil way over to the side when looking for a target in the hole. So that was one problem solved. Again, many thanks to Matt for his generosity and hospitality for the invite, and it was a pleasure to meet and hunt with him.

Attachments

• 021712a.JPG
    021712a.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 564
Upvote 0

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Bullets from last Friday's hunt

very nice

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Looks like it was a 'three-ringer' kind of day Bill! :icon_thumright:

Congrats,
Dave

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Bill D. (VA) said:
My friend Reid and I got an invite from Matt to come up to the Culpeper area and try out our new machines in the red dirt as sort of a pre-DIV outing.
Like hitting the batting cage before the big game. I'll be hitting the DIV cold and my learning curve is more like a vertical line. Congrats on the finds!

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.

Looks like you are getting the hang of it pretty good Bill. You will do well at DIV I'll bet because you just know how to find relics. You have dug a lot of nice relics and I just don't see you slowing down at all. Tennessee digger

VB Sanddigger

Sep 6, 2008
Suffolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great practice and nice red dirt!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Sweet finds!

All the best,

Lanny

Thunderchild

Sep 24, 2011
N. Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love those three ringers. Good work.

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That a good assortment of lead. I like the Gardners and the three ringers myself. Good job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread