Bummed to Happy Happy to Sniped

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

As the title suggests, today has been up and down. I was expecting to have 5 boxes delivered; 4 at one bank and 1 at another. First thing this morning bank 2 calls and lets me know that they were unable to order for me. Bummer, but I am thankful they called this time.

On the way to the first bank, I realized a hard to get into bank was right in my path. Since I hadn't dumped yesterday's coins yet, I stopped in and asked for halves. The teller was thrilled to give me what she had. $15.50 total yeilded 4 1964 and 1 40%.

At the time Loomis delivers, I was at the bank to buy 2 of the 4 boxes that were ordered. I went out to the truck and searched them since I wanted to buy the next 2 asap. Box one was awesome, and box 2 was good as well.

Box1:
45 40%
1 90%
2 1989S
1 1983S

Box 2:
10 40%
3 90% Kennedies
1 1952 Franklin

After searching those boxes, I ran off to another branch to dump the remainder. Once finished with that, I returned to pick up the other 2 boxes. I was informed, after a long wait, that some of them were gone already, but $490 were still avaliable. Well, happy to have some rather than none I took them. I am waiting for my wife to get home because she enjoys the silver hunt as much as I do. I will report on the rest afterwards. Her dream is to fill a bathtub or Jacuzzi so she can swim in silver. Crazy girl :dontknow:.

Well, I hope you are all enjoying the last of 2008. Have a happy New Year, and a safe New Year's Eve!

Happy hunting,
Anthony

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul Anthony! Good way to end the year.

Narthoniel said:
First thing this morning bank 2 calls and lets me know that they were unable to order for me.

I think this is tellerspeak for "I ordered your box(es) but sold them to someone else." At least she was nice enough to call and save you a trip.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I am waiting for my wife to get home because she enjoys the silver hunt as much as I do. I will report on the rest afterwards. Her dream is to fill a bathtub or Jacuzzi so she can swim in silver. Crazy girl .
LJ is your wife? ;D.....
awesome score in the 12th hour Anthony....Happy New Year buddy :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hmm, LJ, wanna swap with my wife? LOL!! My wife would smack me for sayin that.

Immy said:
Great haul Anthony! Good way to end the year.

Narthoniel said:
First thing this morning bank 2 calls and lets me know that they were unable to order for me.

I think this is tellerspeak for "I ordered your box(es) but sold them to someone else." At least she was nice enough to call and save you a trip.

No, I don't think so, this is a very low volume bank, and their delivery company comes in late in the day on Wednsdays. These ladies have been super helpful with ordering, or tryin to order for me.

Anthony

OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
My wife finally made it home and we hunted the last box. Wound up with another 20 40%. So on the whole today we did quite well :).

Cant complain, ya'll have fun!
Anthony

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Wow - that first box would qualify as a dream box for me. I think my best box had about 30 in it. Congrats on the end of year finds.

Maine_Jim

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of boxes!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions