Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can sympathize! What's worse.....one penny and 2000 pull tabs......or........one penny and 2000 expended shot gun shells! ;D
Nana

TOWcritter

Welcome to the forum! Hang around here for a while and the detecting bug will really bite you hard. I would slow down a little and grid off a small area and work it over real well. Patience is the key here. Take your time. I know I swing that thing way too fast sometimes when I get anxious about finding treasure. Good Hunting.

N

Newbie1967

Hey, that many pull tabs gotta be worth something for scrap metal! ;)

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a pulltab piggy bank out of an orange juice bottle and save the pulltabs for my daughter. Once a year, her girl scout troop donates them to the Ronald McDonald house for charity. I guess I'm the only MDing Dad in the troop, as she always has WAY more than the other girls, lol!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dug 2000 pull tabs you must have pinpointing down to an art form. If you want to try a test next time you run into a similiar situation try to remember the signal or sound and do not dig similiar ones. Might improve your odds.

Ed

S

stoneman

Hmmmm, I wonder how much all those pull tabs are worth at .40 cents per pound? ;D

F

Floater

Hey Skullhane what kinda detector you using. Try some different settings and practice the sounds and the Ids to really get it down.
A Bad Day Of Detecting Is Better Than A Good Day At Work. HH

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is not here you can,t find it. Having said that, My house is 18 years old and most of the time occupied by two people, I found about 60 coins on my property. Pennies, nickels , dimes and a couple of quarters. When I first tried MD years ago I had a similar experience. Only found a dime first time out. Years later when I got a new detector and about 100 magazine articles read (WE&T) I got much better results. The reasons had to be Knowledge, a newer detector, and confidence. Keep at it and good luck.

Ed

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly,
I think 2000 Pennies (even tho that would mean $20.00) and one Pull Tab, would Equilly Drive me nutz ;D Especially if they were all Zinc lol

Of course any day Diggin, is a Good Day

J E F F

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Welcome to our Forum & our addicting hobby. If you're digging pull tabs, you'll be into nickels & rings soon, when you learn to refine the areas where you detect. As the bug really gets it's teeth into your system, you'll be hooked for life.
Spotz

C

clayprinter

You know some days are like that....

No matter how bad I play the rest of the time, it's that one good hole on a golf course, that keeps me playing.

The other day my son and I went out with my MD. We had a couple of hours to spend to together.
On the riverbank, we found a new penny and dug seven inches for a lugnut.
Even though we were rained out, we still show off the lugnut....:)

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dug that many pul tabs that means your way over due for gold.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 more pull tab could have been a gold ring more pulltabs you dig the better of a chance to find a gold ring or 2!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread