Bunch of Cell Phones? Should I?

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
So i got a guy with a giant box of cell phones. Evidentally he collected cell phones because they were "cool." Now he wants to cash them up. He doesnt care about the metals and he wants a per phone offer. They range from every make and brand from the last 7 years and there is no way on earth to go through them to see what they all are model wise. Some have batteries in them some do not. They are all intact with the insides well still inside.

What should I offer per phone or what should i expect they are worth? I cant weight the insides of the phones to help decipher this riddle? Thanks for any help here folks.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JD-GA said:
What should I offer per phone or what should i expect they are worth? I cant weight the insides of the phones to help decipher this riddle? Thanks for any help here folks.
I buy every cell phone I can get my hands on. I always try to pay .25¢ each and most of the time I do. I once bought over 140 from one guy. Many I get for free. I have a small e-recycle business. At that time I had a place that paid me $2.00 a pound for phones (no batt) and I would make 2 to 2.5 times my money. But just recently I talked to a guy that offered $4.00 lb and if he gets more on the resale he sends another check. I am saving my phones for him but I have not tried him yet. He is on another chat group I belong to. When I do my first deal, if I like the results, I will post here for all to read.

If someone wants to try him out ahead of time I will PM his info. He seems legit.

OP
OP
JD-GA

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks Dan. I again appreciate the advice as ive never dealt with phones but have heard there is a small niche for them. He is hoping to get $3.00 per phone but is looking for an offer. Ive been told that everyone phone is in working condition which unless i know another phone collector means nothing to me haha. Sounds like this one just isnt gonna happen.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't want to be a party-pooper but I have herd that a middleman wants to buy old cell phones that don't have tracker chips in them and then sells them to drug runners.Not sure if this is true but I saw it once on the Discovery channel. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread