Buoy 47

pvet7521

Dec 30, 2010
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites, Aquapulse, Grometrics
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know this is a long shot but you never know. just off of Key Colony beach in Marathon Fl. keys there is a green buoy 47. In the 80s early 90s just out from 47 was a stake, pole , marker about the size of 47 but with no markings. It is no longer there . Would anyone have any old charts that show this marker and its position. Or does anyone remember the location. Stephan if your out there I know you can help.

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is a long shot but you never know. just off of Key Colony beach in Marathon Fl. keys there is a green buoy 47. In the 80s early 90s just out from 47 was a stake, pole , marker about the size of 47 but with no markings. It is no longer there . Would anyone have any old charts that show this marker and its position. Or does anyone remember the location. Stephan if your out there I know you can help.

Don't know if this will help...but here is a portion of a chart from 1973:

buoy 47, 1973.png Grassy Key to Bahia Honda Key, 1973

And today:

47 seaclear.png Grassy Key to Bahia Honda Key, 2006

Incidentally, here is a link to the "mother" of all old NOAA nautical chart sites: Office of Coast Survey Historical Map & Chart Image Catalog

OP
OP
P

pvet7521

Dec 30, 2010
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks that's exactly what I need.

littleneckhalfshell

Jun 21, 2005
what is important about stake? I know in NJ waters fishermen and clammers use stakes to make their leases of bottom or the location of their crab pots. what is so mysterious about this stake? :dontknow: ;-)

OP
OP
P

pvet7521

Dec 30, 2010
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Like real estate, location , location. I need the stake and 47 to triangleate a position I was at 25 yrs earlier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread