Buried intact bottles

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
This is my best finds for the week. Was detecting some signals at an old home site from the early 1900's. First I pulled out a metal butter dish kind of thing. Then two broken dairy bottles with the sealing lids intact. Then underneath those.....

Came two beautiful and not damaged bottles. One is Dr. Pepper and the other is Coca Cola. I know the coke is Circa 1934 when that design was first made, and the Dr. Pepper is the 10-4-2 logo but not sure the date. These were 4 - 5 inches deep. I am very surprised they remained unbroken. I guess because it was by a river and the deep was quite soft.

Also on the coke bottles bottom it says "Charlottesville VA" which is the city/state I live in and found it in. I was told they haven't labeled the bottoms of them with city and state for a long time.

Attachments

• bottles1.jpg
    bottles1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 482
  • bottles2.jpg
    bottles2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 473
  • bottles3.jpg
    bottles3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 463
Upvote 0

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I believe the city state stamp is where the soda was bottled... not 100% sure tho... I have a coke site saved at home that shows how to date bottles.. I'm not at home now so if no one else post that site I'll post it later tonight or tommorrow.....

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet bottles :icon_thumright:

wilkere

Sep 11, 2007
Jacksonville N.C.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Silver Sabre
Nice Finds! The lingo for the coke is xmas coke due to the date of 25 Dec 1923. I believe it's a 25 dollar bottle or thereabouts. The Dr. Pepper is a hard one to find, I'm still looking for my first in that style! Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread