Buriied PVC

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
I believe that I read somewhere, that metal items encased in PVC and sealed are invisible to metal detectors. With the coming confiscations threatened by the UN and that person in the whitehouse, burying weapons might be something to think about. They get mine I will simply build a new weapon. Bob

I don't think you have anything to worry about. This issue has always been a go-to fire starter when certain groups want, or need, to start a fire.

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
lonesomebob said:
Yeah but will PVC cloak metal from detectors> They grab my gun,I will just make another. Bob

No Bob , the metal detector can still pick up the metal inside the pvc .I saw a post on some forum somewhere a couple of years back where a large cache of silver dollars and halves were buried in pieces of pvc pipe that had both ends capped off .

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best way to keep them from violating our 2nd amendment rights is to vote them all out in 12 !!! That's what fast and furious was. Give the gun runners guns from the US so they could have a reason to confiscate them all. It got an American Federal Agent killed and Obama and Holder both deny prior any knowledge of it. With any other administration this alone would be grounds for impeachment. It's time for real Americans to wake up and VOTE!!!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, first to the pvc. Your metal detector will find things in pvc pipe. My plan is gigantic metal plates all over the place. All articles will be placed in concrete 6 foot down from the metal "overlays". A person could get real tired of detecting and digging dozens of plates. I've already got a 10 foot hole dug with my backhoe. :sign13: Get enough metal buried, and it will drive the goberment nuts. :laughing7:

s.c.shooter,

While I agree that the politicians suck - voting them out doesn't help anymore, there is just another set to take their places, and I think the ones coming up are WORSE than the ones we had just a year ago. Honesty is no longer out the window, now they are telling us that they want our money, that's its our fault if we get laid off, that the only way to live is under a plutacracy (we have 400 rich people making 97% of the money - that scares me - starting with the Koch brothers) - all are bought and paid for, and, if someone good should get elected, we can just go back to the Kennedy days.

Watch carefully - Wall Street - the revolution may have already begun. And, that ain't no "conspiracy theory". I don't know about anyone else, but I'm a member of the 99%.

Some jerk tried to say they were all spouting the Tea Party line. ROFLMAO - it is polar opposite from the Tea Party. I think the next two years might be really interesting.

Long live the citizens of the United States of America - aka "The People"

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread