Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUT, HE'S HAD A ROUGH NIGHT!

Well you Californians, there is one less Park Ranger in your gold prospecting areas! Darn shame though, he should have known better!

State Park Ranger Found Unconscious in Patrol Car With Beer Between His Legs (PHOTO) | Lost Coast Outpost | Humboldt County

ranger (1).jpg

A California State Parks ranger has been stripped of his peace officer status and placed on administrative leave after he was arrested for allegedly driving his state-issued vehicle under the influence of alcohol. A source snapped the above photo of the ranger, whose name is Tyson Young, after trying and failing to wake him and then calling 911, he told the Outpost.
This source, who asked to remain anonymous, said that on the afternoon of Aug. 15 he spotted a State Parks vehicle parked irregularly along State Route 254, aka the "Avenue of the Giants" in Humboldt Redwoods State Park. When he stopped to investigate he noticed that the park ranger's head was leaned against the inside doorjamb.
Worried that the ranger might be hurt, the man tried to wake him, calling out "sir! sir!" and banging on the front and back of the vehicle, he said. Then he reached through the open window. "I shook him, really shook him," the man said. "And then I saw the beer between legs."
The man said he called 911 and then snapped a photo of Young while waiting for officers to respond. Before they arrived, however, Young woke up and started driving northbound.
Officers responding from the California Highway Patrol's Garberville office spotted Young's vehicle heading north near Myers Flat and pulled him over.
"Young displayed objective symptoms of intoxication and was detained for a DUI investigation," said CHP Officer Patrick Bourassa.
Young was then taken to the Garberville CHP office where we was evaluated and subsequently arrested for driving under the influence, Bourassa said. "He was cited and released to a State Parks supervisor with a notice to appear in court," Bourassa said, adding that the Garberville CHP office is conducting an investigation which it will soon forward to the District Attorney with a request that DUI charges be filed.
Young is also facing an investigation from California State Parks. "We do not tolerate the use of alcohol in workplace," said State Parks Spokesperson Vicky Waters. "We take matters like this very seriously." Young has been placed on administrative leave pending the results of the investigation.

A long time ago when I was driving over the road I saw a Deputy in his patrol car in the whee hours of the morning just as it was getting day light in the divided median on a highway in Indiana, knocked out in his patrol car just like that! I don't know if he had a beer can with him, but I sure wasn't going to pull over and disturb him!

Last edited:

gulfcoaster

May 11, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, White's Bullseye TRX, Stealth Classic 8" Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are additional charges pending for drinking Keystone Light.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are additional charges pending for drinking Keystone Light.

Yes there is.... He appears to be a younger man so his taste buds have NOT fully matured yet. And it wouldn't be a can either. If he was older and wiser it would be a COLD bottle of Coors Light! I'm sure he'll have some time to think about it on his paid vacation.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes alcoholics need a wake up call, and hopefully losing his job and being publicly embarrassed will do it for him.

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is.... He appears to be a younger man so his taste buds have NOT fully matured yet. And it wouldn't be a can either. If he was older and wiser it would be a COLD bottle of Coors Light! I'm sure he'll have some time to think about it on his paid vacation.

You are DEFINITELY RIGHT on the Coors Light, but also if he was older, Likely chances of him being caught on the side of the road would be nill to none!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
He probably drank half a suitcase of Keystone throwing out cans as he drove, they could get him
for littering.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
leave sleeping LEOs lie

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happens all the time. Dang metal detectorists...not causing enough problems...law gets so bored they start drinking while on patrol. :( Anyway, I sort of feel bad for the guy. Maybe he has some terrible issues in his life he's trying to wash away. Just not too careful about it I guess. Hope he gets straightened out after this...might have been a blessing in disguise.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I have never had Keystone. Is it similar to shaffer or old Milwaukee? I goin to get me some treasure.

sponge using smoke signals.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never had Keystone. Is it similar to shaffer or old Milwaukee? I goin to get me some treasure.

sponge using smoke signals.

Come on sponge... Your almost there. :thumbsup: One more step to a cold bottle instead of the can. :occasion14: But for God's sake don't take a step backwards. :BangHead: Your avatar is a thing of beauty!!!! :hello2:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the poor ranger drank some Rolling Rock. I hear tell that stuff tastes like three old fat men in a two man tent.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread