but, wait, where are all the Gold Doubloons and Pieces of Eight....

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I'm willing to bet that the inventory is neither up to date nor complete, with so many holes in it you could start a worm farm...
Aquanut

JKPK1

Sep 27, 2009
Florida
As lacking as the list could be, the law mentions an annual inventory. The letter sent and responded to may be a means to push this further. If they can not produce an up to date list and show compliance of the annual inventory audit, possibly a lawsuit could be forced upon them. He asked for 10 years worth of inventory. Could get ugly if they can't account for all years.

Someone once said "bigger they are the harder they fall".

In Palm Beach County we lost a few County Commissioners for violations.

PK

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I must say there reply was prompt. Can't wait to see what $128.35 buys!

Dear Mr. Sinclair,

Please see the attached invoice for your Public Records Request.

If you have any questions, you may contact me at 850.245.6332 or by e-mail at [email protected] .

Sincerely,

Celeste Ivory
Division Operations Administrator | Office of the Director | Division of Historical Resources | Florida Department of State | 500 South Bronough Street | Tallahassee, Florida 32399 | 850.245.6332 | 1.800.847.7278 | Fax: 850.245.6436 | www.flheritage.com

To: Bradley Sinclair
[email protected]

quantity description unit price amount
8 Hours staff time (30 minutes no charge) $17.00 $127.50

1 CD-ROM $0.85 $0.85

SUBTOTAL $128.35
SHIPPING & HANDLING n/a
TOTAL DUE $128.35

Make checks or money orders payable to: Florida Department of State
If you have any questions concerning this invoice, call: Celeste Ivory at 850.245.6332.

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
FISHEYE said:
Check out the florida sunshine law.They Have to let you know whats going on.You or the public can even rifle thru their desk drawers.Under law they can not hide anything from the public.

But they do, and not in just this division. I and others had some interesting dealings with the state of Florida years ago, whereas they were concealing important data pertaining to children in state placements.
They were refusing to release stats on the number of children who die or are abused or neglected in Foster Care, and other state placements.

The reason is, they did not want proof to the public that more children are abused and die in state care, than in parental homes. This would affect their funding. The state of Florida is all about money.

itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
aquanut said:
The government giving the government power over the citizens of a country that never intended such a thing to happen when it was conceived. What a web we have woven for ourselves! The price of our complacency...
Aquanut

I wish Americans today remembered this from their history classes. When you bring this up to people, you often just get a shoulder shrug, and a "who cares" kind of attitude. People are too much into materialism and entertainment. They don't see their freedoms being pulled out from under them.

itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
ivan salis said:
"we the people" are now run by "them" in the govt * -which is why the founding fathers wanted a "weak" federal govt and strong states rights * whatever powers are not EXPRESSLY GIVEN TO THE GOVT SHALL BE RETAINED BY THE STATES OR THE PEOPLE.

LINCOLN SAVED THE "UNION" BUT IN DOING SO HE MADE A "POWERFUL" CENTRAL FEDERAL GOVT --THUS DESTROYING THE FOUNDING FATHERS "IDEAL OF GOVT" THAT HE SUPPOSEDLY WAS SAVING

Oh, in response to part 1 here: The "new world order" types already fixed that too. They developed the "Governor's Board" so that they can corral all the state governors into group meetings so they can be mentally re-framed towards Fed/NWO goals. Then there are the money incentives whereas if a state complies with certain requirements of the Fed then they will get "x" amount of dollars for something.

Regarding part 2 and Lincoln: I have long held that the civil war was for the purpose of monetary dominance and control over all the states, thus defeating the independence people came to this country to achieve from the ruling classes of Europe. What a strategic move that was.

itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Don't be surprised when they come back and tell you there are thousands of pages and you must pay $1.00 a page, or that they do not have the manpower or time to fulfill your request.

itmaiden

bikerlawyer said:
I just sent them this public records request:

Dear Sirs,

Please consider this letter as a public records request pursuant to Florida Statute §119.021.

I would like a copy of the list of objects required to be maintained pursuant to Florida Statute 267.115(1)for the last 10 years as it pertains to any objects recovered from the waters in or around the State of Florida. I have quoted the relevant portion of the statute below:

 Notwithstanding s. 273.02, the division shall maintain an adequate record of all objects in its custody which have a historical or archaeological value. Once each year, on July 1 or as soon thereafter as practicable, the division shall take a complete inventory of all such objects in its custody the value or cost of which is $500 or more and a sample inventory of such objects the value or cost of which is less than $500. Each inventory shall be compared with the property record, and all discrepancies shall be traced and reconciled. Objects of historical or archaeological value are not required to be identified by marking or other physical alteration of the objects.

I agree to pay for the records upon request for payment, not to exceed $500.00. Please note that failure to provide the public records will result in a civil action with a request for attorneys fees under F.S. §119.12.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
aquanut said:
I'm willing to bet that the inventory is neither up to date nor complete, with so many holes in it you could start a worm farm...
Aquanut

;D

itmaiden

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Bikerlawyer, kudos to you sir for putting forth the request for information to the State of Florida! I also am willing to donate $$ if needed. Very interested in seeing what the inventory list for the last 10 years looks like.

Pete

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the offer but no need, the Tnet community has been good to me, I'll share what I get.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
look to see if the stuff all matches up -- is all the stuff there from 10 years ago untill today? --if not where did it go and to whom was it send or sold to and for what price ? -- where things given away or sold for much less than their real "worth" ? are some items just flat out "missing" / stolen ?

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome news BL way to go!! :icon_thumright: Glad my hours of being bored searching the internet for "treasure related info" is going somewhere positive. It would be interesting to correlate when the IMAC was taken down with new inventory...

bikerlawyer

Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CD is in the mail!

09/20/2011
Dear Sir,
The artifact inventory listing for collections from submerged sites* you asked for as a public records request have been placed in inter-office mail, and should enter normal mail service tomorrow. The listing is extensive and was put on a CD to save you the expense of printing, but if you have any difficulty reading the files (generic ASCII text) please let me know ASAP. Please note the disk contains a “READ ME” file that has explanatory notes and summary tables that will definitely be of assistance when consulting the inventory listings.
Sorry the request took a little longer than anticipated, some submerged sites (e.g., shipwrecks) were easily identified, other (e.g., paleo-period submerged lithic scatters) required research with Florida Master Site File records to identify. However, I am confidant the listing is complete as possible after review of nearly 3000 accession records from years 2001 to 2011 (to date).
Best Regards,

David Dickel
Florida Bureau of Archaeological Research
Collections and Conservation
850/ 245-6322 or 6324
http://dhr.dos.state.fl.us/comments/
* “I would like a copy of the list of objects required to be maintained pursuant to Florida Statute 267.115(1)for the last 10 years as it pertains to any objects recovered from the waters in or around the State of Florida.” translates to ‘submerged sites’.
The Department of State is leading the commemoration of Florida's 500th anniversary in 2013. For more information, please go to www.fla500.com.
Secretary of State Kurt Browning is committed to maintaining a high level of service in all areas of the Department of State. If you have feedback on your service, please take the department's Customer Satisfaction Survey. Thank you in advance for your participation.
DOS Customer Satisfaction Survey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread