Butter Stamp

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I went back to my newest honey hole yesterday morning, but it appears the well has run dry. I hit it for a couple of hours with the E-TRAC for some modern clad, a 1945 Wheat, a 1940 Jefferson, a Michigan Mutual Life token and this cool butter stamp. It reads Madison Station Creamery Mississippi. If I'm wrong, let me know, but I believe it's a butter stamp. Google says that Madison Station Creamery was registered on 4/14/1887, but is now inactive.

20160410 Madison Station Creamery butter stamp.jpg

I switched to the F75 for the last hour and hit areas that I had already hit with the E-TRAC. I came up with a 1947d Wheat and an 188? IHP (my 6th this year, 4th this week).

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 9
That stamp is really cool
I love stuff like that

Those are some of my favorite type finds...d2

That's a first for me and I LUV it!!!! CONGRATZ...

That stamp is pretty darn cool. Best of luck CC!

Thanks all! I had no idea what it was, I could just tell that the words were inverted on it. I apologize for not putting a size reference in the pic, but it's maybe twice the size of a Morgan. I couldn't figure out what it might be, so I took it to the older couple the lives next door. The woman guessed it was a butter stamp. So, I took that to Google. It seems most butter stamps were made of wood, but I guess this one was made of metal because it was commercial. Anyway, I love this find, it's the coolest thing to me!

I'd guess that it is half of a press used to emboss important business documents, neat find.

I have detected over 35 years and that's the first Butter Stamp I've seen....nice find!!! Love it!

Thats what I call an interesting find. Sweet none the less. Congratz!

That is for sure a unique find. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back