Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my detector for a walk in the woods today, (to stay in the shade). Didn't find a lot but wasn't really expecting anything.

I did get this button that does appear to be an old, large, flat button. I figured it was just plain and was almost right. When I got it home and gently cleaned up a little, I couldn't see any words on the back. But, I can make out a bit of a design on the front. Just a couple bits and pieces. Hopefully, someone will step up and say "Oh! I know EXACTLY what you got!" (Not holding my breath though. :) )

Best I could do on the pictures but if another angle will help any, just speak up.

In any case, I figured button collectors would at least find this interesting.

Thanks for peeking.

HH!
IMGA1458.JPG

IMGA1459.JPG

IMGA1464.JPG

The design appears to go across the top as it sits, (seen a little better under some magnification) I don't really know which is actually the top.

IMGA1463.JPG

IMGA1461.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
If you shine a small bright flashlight/penlight at the edge of the button it will show up a lot of detail you cannot see otherwise. You may be able to get a photo of it like that also.

U

umrgolf

my guess would be a floral pattern, seems a lot of tombacs have them

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you shine a small bright flashlight/penlight at the edge of the button it will show up a lot of detail you cannot see otherwise. You may be able to get a photo of it like that also.

Well, I tried that after you mentioned it but I just can't seem to get more detail.

Does the detail I'm mentioning show up in the pictures?

Would there be any treatment that might bring out more detail without hurting the button? Be a shame for it to be in this nice shape after who knows how long it's been buried, just for me to come along and trash the poor little thing.

Thinking about, vinegar, olive oil, peroxide, electrolysis, sandpaper? ;) Any thoughts?

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1306175902RIMG1728[1].jpg
    1306175902RIMG1728[1].jpg