Button found

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 568
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 574
Upvote 0

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like some type of Woodsman of the world button. That is what the W O W stands for. I aint got a clue on the age...d2

OP
OP
E

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
d2 said:
Looks like some type of Woodsman of the world button. That is what the W O W stands for. I aint got a clue on the age...d2
That sounds good to me seeing that there are two axes on the front,, thanks for the info d2

Eddy

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
I believe that the letters U R at the top stand for "Uniform Rank," a name often used by fraternal orders to designate the uniformed, paramilitary, or parade unit of the organization. Note the following reference to that of the Woodmen of the World:

Woodmen of the World

Ritual, 1903
Ritual of the Sovereign Camp, 1897
Drill Regulations Uniform Rank, 1914

Source: http://www.stichtingargus.nl/woodmenrom.html

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AXE and you shall receive. Great looking button Eddy. Neat design.
-MM-

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Very unique button!

I must say it cleaned up very nicely.

Thanks for posting that photo. ;)

Ridley

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome button
Awesome PBK as usual.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "Here" is worn off under U.R. This is a button from the uniform of the first Mall information person. They would stand next to the mall directory and the button is pretty self explanatory with the 'U R Here'. You are reading the W.O.W. upside down it is actually M.O.M which stands for Mall of Minnesota which was knocked down many years ago to make way for the Mall of America. LOL

(I was going to go with UR are my initials and I lost that button years ago but my initials are not even close)

Nice button...congrats.

OP
OP
E

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
PBK said:
I believe that the letters U R at the top stand for "Uniform Rank," a name often used by fraternal orders to designate the uniformed, paramilitary, or parade unit of the organization. Note the following reference to that of the Woodmen of the World:

Woodmen of the World

Ritual, 1903
Ritual of the Sovereign Camp, 1897
Drill Regulations Uniform Rank, 1914

Source: http://www.stichtingargus.nl/woodmenrom.html
Thanks for the links PBK and Tim Nuggett, I checked them out, When I found the button I thought it was just a button of a youngsters coat, I guess it is quite old, Thanks to all for the Info

Eddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread