Button ID?

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello, I am new to detecting & collecting. I found an old button at a civil war prison camp site. It has what I believe to be a Goodyears Pat. Mark...On the back it says " Goodyears p=t 1851 N.R.CO. " It has a plain face with what looks to be a stem going throuh it, for an eyelet ( shank ) on the back I was wondering if it might be from the civil war era. And also would it be worth anything to anyone beside me, although the eyelet is broke off of the back... if it were in good condition would it be worth anything...
Button.JPG

Sorry my camara is junk... :-\
As you can see it's not much to look at, but I think it's the closed I've come to finding any civil war relics sofar...
I noticed all the buttons I see online from the cicvil war all have something on them, such " A " for Artillery, " I " for Infantry, and so on.
I was wondering if maybe this button came from one of the prison uniforms ???

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thank you very much for your reply!
The information was very nice. I had no Idea it was a rubber button. I rechecked it with my detector and there was no responce. I had beeter go back to the hole were I found it and see what set off my detector...lol. I am new to detecting and have a lot to learn. I have found that trying to figure out what you have found is half the fun...
Here are a few better pics:
ButtonF.JPG
ButtonB.JPG

Again, Thank you for your help...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread