TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The backmark "Waterbury Co's Inc Conn" was in use from 1943 (when that button-maker changed its name from Company to Companies) through a couple of years ago, when the name was changed back to Company.

There are several version of castle-&-crown-surrounded-by-wreath buttons, so I cannot identify yours without seeing it. Because your button was manufactured by Waterbury, you might be able to find it in the company's online sales-catalog at www.waterburybutton.com

Attachments

• backmark_waterbury_COS_INC_conn_ebay_marylandseal_pict0031_1.jpg
    backmark_waterbury_COS_INC_conn_ebay_marylandseal_pict0031_1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jenb

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for reply. The picture of the back you attached is the same. I have a set, made the mistake of cleaning it a little bc I figured it wasn't old, old. I wanted to see if the black was the finish coming off or if it was tarnished brass or gold. It was grime because I got the black to was off. I'll send a picture when I can.
I still have been looking at a gazillion buttons but cannot find it.

Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Based solely on your written (no photo) description, a button showing a crown above a castle surrounded by a wreath, it might be a Canadian Royal Army Engineers button ...and being a Foreign button could explain why you've been unable to find photos to identify it.

I should mention, there is another type of button showing a similar combination of emblems -- a Livery button (Nobility family coat-of-arms / family crest button).

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread