Button Site

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hit the fields on Friday for a bit trying to find another home site. It was slow going for awhile but i eventually found it. I hit a button patch and that was about it. I have a feeling the land owner at one time bull dozed the site and most of the goods are buried. Lots of iron targets but no coins. I did find a broken spoon and this odd piece of brass. At first thought I thought it may be a horn of some type, but not sure. Will try and get out again soon, but may have to wait a bit. Deer season opens this weekend and I don't want to get shot.

Hill

Attachments

• 11-5-10.jpg
    11-5-10.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 411
  • Horn 002.jpg
    Horn 002.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 423
  • Horn 003.jpg
    Horn 003.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those buttons would make my dayweekmonth HB. :thumbsup: Some nice ones there.
I know what you mean about deer season. I'm scared to death to take to the woods here in NC. Now they are even hunting on Sunday. :-\
-MM-

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like you found the larger version of the silver plated flower button that I dug Friday at the Morgan Camp H.B. Those are some nice old buttons. Great finds-I don't know about the "horn" but the piece to the left with the wood inside may be a walking cane tip from what I can see. WTG Bud and HH, Quindy.
P.S. Deer hunters in North Carolina may shoot Modern Miner and try to check him in as "Bigfoot"-LOL.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Looks like you found the larger version of the silver plated flower button that I dug Friday at the Morgan Camp H.B. Those are some nice old buttons. Great finds-I don't know about the "horn" but the piece to the left with the wood inside may be a walking cane tip from what I can see. WTG Bud and HH, Quindy.
P.S. Deer hunters in North Carolina may shoot Modern Miner and try to check him in as "Bigfoot"-LOL.

Hey, I heard that! :tongue3:

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
VOL1266-X said:

I'm not sure on the horn piece either Quindy :dontknow:. The other piece is full of dirt not wood, I thought the 2 may have went together. Part of the mouth piece or something, but who knows.i will check out your post and look at your button, thanks for the reply.

ModernMiner said:
VOL1266-X said:

Hey, I heard that! :tongue3:

I bet they would miss, Bigfoot in a dress...what a hoot :laughing9:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In case you missed it on my post HB, Kirk of PA confirmed the silver plated flower buttons with no backmarks date back to the late 1700s. I'm sure you, Tom, and BB knew that.
Also, I know someone who still has that pic of MM in the dress that was posted (and a BIG hit, I might add) on Tnet. HH, Quindy.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
In case you missed it on my post HB, Kirk of PA confirmed the silver plated flower buttons with no backmarks date back to the late 1700s. I'm sure you, Tom, and BB knew that.
Also, I know someone who still has that pic of MM in the dress that was posted (and a BIG hit, I might add) on Tnet. HH, Quindy.

Don't even think about it!!! :violent1:
My kids are still getting over the trauma. :tongue3: :laughing9:

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
VOL1266-X said:
In case you missed it on my post HB, Kirk of PA confirmed the silver plated flower buttons with no backmarks date back to the late 1700s.

What does he know? :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
Kirk and I are like blood brothers.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
ModernMiner said:
Those buttons would make my dayweekmonth HB. :thumbsup: Some nice ones there.
I know what you mean about deer season. I'm scared to death to take to the woods here in NC. Now they are even hunting on Sunday. :-\
-MM-

I carry Hunter Orange with me, and you can bet I am wearing it this time of year, even in open fields!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread