Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, February has been good for flat buttons with two hunts and five buttons. Some have been deep and others shallow.
One I can actually date within a range due to its backmark; it's a "Benedict & Burnham" and was probably made 1834 - 1843. From the same field edge that produced the silvered flat button and the partial pewter button shown below came a copper coin that has no detail for id; it is 28 mm in diameter and weighs 7.57 grams, making it a George III halfpence that's lost a little weight or a counterfeit. Some brass buckles and ring added to the running total of buckles and rings dug so far. This area continues to produce.
Finds.jpg
Here's the dig of the silver-plated button:

Upvote 9

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job my friend I wish I had relics that old around here I'm trying to fill my display cases those are sweet!!!Thanks for the dig vid also!!!I went out today still too much snow even in the woods Its been weeks rrrrrrrrr I need my fix Thanks for sharing Keep up the good finds!!!!!!!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Tommy! Good to hear from you. I hope to get that display case thing goin' one of these days. Lookin' to get out on Wednesday for a few hours.
I know you'll be lovin' Ann Arbor springtime. :happysmiley:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so right I took today off it was supposed to rain last night so I figured enough snow would melt but no NNNOOOOO it seems to stay for weeks or more at a time. This site helps keep me sane!!!!!

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Going!! Seeing all these great finds with my elbow bugging me is driving me nuts.. Might just have to take a bunch of advil and deal with it!! Keep up the great hunts!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting digs! I recently got a flat button with a bit of silver plating. Neat that it held onto that over all those years in the ground.

Nice!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks JackalopeZL1! Elbow grease? Sorry, couldn't resist. Have you tried the compression wear by tommie copper?

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx ATW! That ring was found alone. You can tell this place has never been hunted. All that brass rings up high.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Art! Thx for the "nice stuff" congrats! Will see what tomorrow's hunt brings; gonna grid search that hillside that was producing the buttons.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx WHADIFIND! Read your PM and I think tomorrow is the "golden" day. Won't get started until about 11 but should be headed to the farm site and then maybe into Loch Raven. Congrats on your button!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx WHADIFIND! Read your PM and I think tomorrow is the "golden" day. Won't get started until about 11 but should be headed to the farm site and then maybe into Loch Raven. Congrats on your button!

Sounds like we'll be out at about the same time. Maybe we'll link up.
And, thanks! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread