Buttons and Silver Guarded by an Indian in the Muddy Farm Field

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Day four in the pounded muddy farm field gives a few more goodies. The snow is 85% gone in the field, so I decided to work off the left rear side of the once standing home. Today, I used a spiral technique “off” the approximate edge of the house foundation. A flag was placed at the location (adding as I go) and I moved extremely slowly throughout the heavy blanket of iron. My “weapon of choice was the AT Pro with the sniper coil with a bit of discrimination, iron audio = ON with sensitivity down two bars (trying not to anger the iron). I worked the area for 2 ½ hours before the symphony of iron sounds convinced me to call it a day. I did manage to pull a few keepers from the ground between 15’ — 30’ markers, which makes sense the way the home was situated.

The finds were: 1901 Barber Dime, 1901 Indian Head Cent, two nice Flat Buttons and three bullets. I didn’t dig too much iron, but it was there for the digging; maybe tomorrow! :laughing7:

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

02_22_2017 1.jpg

Upvote 12

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The site just keeps on giving- hope it goes on for a long time!! Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see those fields are paying off with old coins Doc, :occasion14: I'm like you, I leave the iron for others to dig most of the time.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good hunt, Congrats!! The kid and I hit a fold today, toasted copper for the kid and trash for me.

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some real nice finds! Good job saving some awesome history!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread