Buttons, Fork, Musketball

MeanGene

Jul 3, 2009
Easthampton, MA
Went out today with a bunch of new friends. We all got to detecting early at an early 1700's homestead.
Place had a nice cellar hole, barn area, lots of stone walls and even a cleared field.

I found 2 buttons.
1 Fork with either bone of antler handle.
Lantern top inscribed "BOOTH & HAYDENS * COMET * HOLMES"
Also found a small glass tube.
Old screwdriver.
Musketball found by my friend George and given to me.

Now i have some questions...

I have no clue what these buttons are, time period or names. I am assuming they are from 1800's round there. The settlement was abandoned in the late 1800's. So they must at least be that old.
There are three buttons.
One button is skinny and flat and black about the exact size of a quarter.
Second button is either glass or cermaic and is white with a nice metal loop on its back intact.
Third is a metal button, flat, with 4 holes for threading.

Any links of info is AWESOME!

Had a great time Detecting with DFXWilly on the board here. He is a funny guy and I know we will hit some good places together.
Chime in Willy.

Thanks
GENE

PS My favorite piece is the small blue flower on the tiny piece of ceramic china!

Attachments

• 100_2552.jpg
    100_2552.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 456
  • 100_2554.jpg
    100_2554.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 454
Upvote 0

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Nice finds.

Love the avatar.

Randy

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, I like the ceramic pieces. HH......

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg nice finds

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
all you colonial hunters out there MOVE OVER!!! ya got mean gene out in the fields now, the new uprising star. thankyou gene i had a fun day!! and what a long one. i left my house at 5 in the morn and didnt get home till 7 at night. my calfs still hurt from all that wailking.(good exercise for the willy man) ya did good man!! ya got the persistance and patience it takes to be a colonial hunter. im sure in a year ill see many great finds from ya. and george sure knows his stuff. man he got another 3 inches out of my machine. folks this is the first time we hunted together met threw the forum. new friends and new places thats what its all about. i didnt find much . but i did find the cellar hole for the house and gene found the barn. by the lack of finds you can tell this place has been hit hard. thats ok well find another one. i cant wait till we hunt again. your friend willy.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
hey gene did you ever get a date on that lantern? it might beable to help date when that place was used up too. willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions