Buy them all! Every. Single. Time!

DTW

Greenie
Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been awhile since i last posted, but i had to share this amazing find! Stopped by a bank I don't usually visit and asked for halves. $400.00 is what the teller said she had, and as i always do, i took them all. I looked at them and saw they were all hand wrapped, and looked like re-wraps.
Got to my car, and the first three rolls were all Bicentennials, that looked like they were rolled on July 4th 1976! I didn't have high hopes for the rest, but i pulled out of the bag a roll that was in a different wrapper: out pops 20 40% silver halves!

i then sorted all of the rest of the rolls:
halves.jpg

I knew this was going to be good!
Final total:
11 solid rolls of silver out of the 40 total.
64 1964 Kennedy's
156 40% Kennedy's.

2 of the rolls were 1969-D that looked like they had been rolled in 1969 and 2 of the 1964 rolls were blast white.

By far the single largest find of silver halves in one pickup I've ever found. But since these weren't in a box, i guess it can't be called a "monster box"!

Buy them all! Every. Single. Time!

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at my close branch the other day running errands, I could see Old wrapper rolls galore, teller looks me right in the eye and says they don't have anything. I thought he was a sniper, now I know for sure.

Good pick up for you!

a snippity sniping snothead:BangHead::exclamation::angry4::cussing::angry5:

that is one time I would have called the punk out--- just do your job ..... service the CUSTOMER--PUNK:skullflag:

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at my close branch the other day running errands, I could see Old wrapper rolls galore, teller looks me right in the eye and says they don't have anything. I thought he was a sniper, now I know for sure.

Good pick up for you!

I suppose there might be a legitimate explanation, but if not, I'd be inclined to close my account there and let the manager know why. There are plenty of places that want your business and some offer bonuses to open new accounts.

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
really nice score and as a lot of others on here say...its still out there...congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread