Buying 90% silver on E-Bay

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
To cold to much outside. So I spent the weekend bidding on uncirculated 90% silver coins on E-bay. I bid them all to current melt value including shipping. After placing 55 bids. I won 4 1964d Washington Quarters. I like the fact that not only did I get the silver content, But have a bit of collectability. Silver is set for a major rise in the next three months. The two local dealers in my area are allways out of junk silver. When they do have it they want to high a premium for my taste.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why don't you place a ad in your local paper wanting to buy silver. Alway people out there selling now and then.....Matt

OP
OP
S

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
I do not want the added expense of the ad. I do not want to meet people at other locations, because I do not want them knowing where I live. I feel that opens you up problems with robberies etc. Thanks for your post1

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snake35 said:
I do not want the added expense of the ad. I do not want to meet people at other locations, because I do not want them knowing where I live. I feel that opens you up problems with robberies etc. Thanks for your post1
Do you have a craig'slist in your area?
Ads are free and you can meet at a well populated fast food place for mutual safety.
Nobody that I buy silver from knows where I live.

You need to be more careful on what you buy.
Make sure it is silver
Know the exact weight in grams
Know how much you are willing to pay per gram and don't pay more.

right now silver is $12.81 which makes sterling $11.85 whick makes a gram .35¢

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread