maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have looked on the carriers sites, it seems that you would have to have a business ( from what I read on it awile back) to deliver to and be a business to deal with them. HH, Maverick.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having trouble finding enough coin to whet my appetite.

Thanks

Same here- even though I've only got about $1000 I'm going through several boxes in the morning then dumping then trying to find more in the afternoon but today was slim pickings- most banks around here get deliveries on thurs so I'm finding Mon-weds its hard to get excess

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've inquired about Dunbars EZChange program. You have to have a storefront business (which wasn't the problem for me.) They show up and you exchange your cash for their coins, and they will only deliver up to $5000 of any denomination per day. I inquired about having 3 drops a week of $5000 in halves, and the lady that was helping me gave me a quote of ~$750 per month. This also includes any armored transportation that you might need, so they would take any coin/cash and drop it at my bank for free (business account) when the truck came to drop off my order. So, for 120 boxes of halves per month, get ready to shell out ~$750 in their fees. I'm sure you could go about useing a different program, but I could imagine the fees might be higher. I could also imagine it would only be worth it if you have $25000-$50000 upfront in cash to play with, but then you're dealing with CTRs and other things. I'm all about paying to play if it would be profitable in the end, but this is a little steep for me. Maybe I'll give it a go sometime in the future.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deal with them all the time. They deliver halves, pickup halves and are always there when the phone rings and they never charge me personally!!!!!!!!!!

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Homie you should ask digesting a common clad, he always seems to get exactly 100 boxes every week. Maybe he gets dem delivered to his doorstep

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've inquired about Dunbars EZChange program. You have to have a storefront business (which wasn't the problem for me.) They show up and you exchange your cash for their coins, and they will only deliver up to $5000 of any denomination per day. I inquired about having 3 drops a week of $5000 in halves, and the lady that was helping me gave me a quote of ~$750 per month. This also includes any armored transportation that you might need, so they would take any coin/cash and drop it at my bank for free (business account) when the truck came to drop off my order. So, for 120 boxes of halves per month, get ready to shell out ~$750 in their fees. I'm sure you could go about useing a different program, but I could imagine the fees might be higher. I could also imagine it would only be worth it if you have $25000-$50000 upfront in cash to play with, but then you're dealing with CTRs and other things. I'm all about paying to play if it would be profitable in the end, but this is a little steep for me. Maybe I'll give it a go sometime in the future.

I'm surprised its that much, I wonder if the price was inflated because of the half dollars? I can't see a gas station forking over $750/month for change exchange, this is a small time gas station I'm speaking of to.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
be interested in knowing what you guys find out, the business part wouldn't be a problem, the initial startup money would be for me. You can buy a house here for 30k, don't know if I can justify having 50k in halves.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deal with them all the time. They deliver halves, pickup halves and are always there when the phone rings and they never charge me personally!!!!!!!!!!

That's because you do like I do, let the bank handle it for you.

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer dealing with banks tellers are happy to give them out so they dont have to keep on counting those halves in their draws day in and day out

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This idea got me thinking, I JUST called a brinks warehouse in Pennsylvania and the gentlemen I spoke with for about 5 minutes said that they CANNOT and WILL NOT deliver to a residential address only a registered business, and they WILL NOT deliver one time he said you HAVE to subscribe to a delivery plan.

The last thing I asked was how much can be delivered at one time and surprisingly he said $5,000 once a week.

I can get more coins for free from banks.

Last edited:

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This idea got me thinking, I JUST called a brinks warehouse in Pennsylvania and the gentlemen I spoke with for about 5 minutes said that they CANNOT and WILL NOT deliver to a residential address only a registered business, and they WILL NOT deliver one time he said you HAVE to subscribe to a delivery plan.

The last thing I asked was how much can be delivered at one time and surprisingly he said $5,000 once a week.

I can get more coins for free from banks.

Funny you say that 50cent man, because Brinks is closed today. And I have a Garda supplied bank that orders $6,000 worth of halves every week. Might be a Brinks thing? :laughing7:

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks is not closed, they might not deliver but I called and spoke with a representative, as for $6000 a week banks are probably under different guidelines then joe citizen ordering cash or coins.

But it's what the BRINKS representative said so what you say frankly doesn't matter.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Brinks is not closed, they might not deliver but I called and spoke with a representative, as for $6000 a week banks are probably under different guidelines then joe citizen ordering cash or coins.

But it's what the BRINKS representative said so what you say frankly doesn't matter.

What was the representative's name? I just called and got voicemail.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are witnessing A battle of the wills. Is Digesting a common Clad trying to egg everyone on? Is Florida Treasure hunter really calling guardia?

More tonight! on FX's hot new Cable reality show. Coin Roll Heros!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread