Buying my first detector this week (Atpro)

jcole8

Jan 19, 2011
So I have decided on my 1st detector
I am buying the ATpro on Tuesday and I was wondering of any of you guys had some tips for me.
The local shop has only 1 in stock, is there a way to tell right off if it still has the falsing issue or not?
I have watched just about every video I could find, and searched all around for something bad about the machine, only thing I could find was the falsing issue. I was wondering if anyone knows how good this thing will be at shooting some silver coins.

Also just tell me anything you think i might not know about detecting in general, or the AT pro. (i have read as much as i can, and the fever has led me to reading all I can on detecting in general)

Thanks for any help guys!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If its new stock on straight from Garrett it should be good. The ones I am getting are the new stock that Garrett promised me to be good and so far that is spot on. All the ones I have gotten are great. Let me know if I can help further.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jcole8 said:
So I have decided on my 1st detector
I am buying the ATpro on Tuesday and I was wondering of any of you guys had some tips for me.
The local shop has only 1 in stock, is there a way to tell right off if it still has the falsing issue or not?
I have watched just about every video I could find, and searched all around for something bad about the machine, only thing I could find was the falsing issue. I was wondering if anyone knows how good this thing will be at shooting some silver coins.

Also just tell me anything you think i might not know about detecting in general, or the AT pro. (i have read as much as i can, and the fever has led me to reading all I can on detecting in general)

Thanks for any help guys!

Have you been to the Golden Olde, if not visit it and read all....

http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool site.. I will be checking that one out!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golden Olde can answer probably 75% of new hunters questions, as well as help many experienced hunters. I refer back to it several times a month myself....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread