Buying silver eagles with coin change found on the floor.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you keep your eyes down, like I do, not long. This is my way of buying silver for quite some time. GL

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome idea!

I've been eyeballing coins on the ground for as long as I can remember, a habit my grandfather had taught me. He was an avid coin collector and a big time hunter back in the 80's and 90's.

All my years previous, I didn't think to tally it all. This year I started recording on a calendar how much I've found each day. Any extra I find in reject trays also get tallied.

Here are my monthly totals so far:

January: $7.53
February: $2.18
March, so far: $1.89

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea! Lots of coins and some jewelry available to those sharp eyed treasure hunters who constantly scan for them while out and about on errands. Wind blown folding money stuck in chain link fences is one of my all time favorites. I will park farther out from a shopping destination to be able to have more scanning area to and from the store, and will return to my car from a different route as to double my searched area. Cheers!!

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I've found $1.91 so far on the year between reject chute and eyeball finds. I have noticed my reject chute finds have dropped off drastically moving my dumps to Saturday mornings as opposed to when I was dumping in the afternoon during the week. During the latter, the entire day had gone by with people putting their coin through and leaving treasures behind, but it's completely different on Saturday mornings for sure.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I normally check where the biggest SNOW PILES in parking lots were during the winter, almost need a MD to scan through all the dirt & garbage.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Tanner and I used to keep a piggy bank on our kitchen counter with all the change we found in one year. Below are the finds from 3 or 4 years ago. We quit keeping track two years ago when our town changed their parking meters to a kiosk system. You do not put money in a meter in front of your car, you do it at a kiosk. This dropped the amount of change we would find walking our dog in the morning to almost zero. We still keep our eyes peeled for change on the ground. Gone are the days we would find $100 a year.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• 112_0314.JPG
    112_0314.JPG
    311.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 112_0326.JPG
    112_0326.JPG
    341.5 KB · Views: 115

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
My son " treasure hunts" at the grocery store. All the checkers know him and let him go through there lines. He finds more in the self check out areas lately. The coin star reject slots have been good too. He used to keep it in a jar but lately he has been buying lots of pokemon cards.
My best find was a $50.00 bill on the ground 2 months ago.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Live in NYC, and I would be rich if i went to every TD bank everyday, just to check the reject slot for change..

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought an Eagle, Canadian Maple Leaf, and a China Panda bullion coins back in Jan with my ground finds.. My MD finds I am waiting to spend on a new machine....AT Pro I think.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea!! I find coins constantly while crawling on floors doing my job. If it is an unoccupied dwelling or building, the coins go in my pocket.........
Best places are under/behind baseboard heat and in floor heat vents. Also, the old timers used to put a penny under their jobs back in the day......find lots of wheats that way.............
Thanks for the tip!!

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tanner and I used to keep a piggy bank on our kitchen counter with all the change we found in one year. Below are the finds from 3 or 4 years ago. We quit keeping track two years ago when our town changed their parking meters to a kiosk system. You do not put money in a meter in front of your car, you do it at a kiosk. This dropped the amount of change we would find walking our dog in the morning to almost zero. We still keep our eyes peeled for change on the ground. Gone are the days we would find $100 a year.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner
my sons piggy bank is on the window sill in the kitchen, its filled with my spare change and all the stuff I find on the ground, I also have one full of Canadian change from reject slots and stuff.. ive cashed in his piggy bank twices now, hes not even 2 yet, and ive got about 180$ for him, now he splits it with his other brother, but I use some of the money to buy them junk silver, just picked them up some cull silver dollars the other day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread