QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have an opportunity to purchase a used Garrett Infinium LS from a pawn shop and I was wondering what are the methods to check its in perfect running order, thanks. The pics don't show much other than the detector and water headphones, the blue ones. I see no other accessories.

$_27.JPG

$_27 (1).JPG

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Turn it on away from all electronic devices, pick the best operating frequency, turn it on and see if will operate with no interference. If it falses with no movement of the coil, or when in water, it either needs to be updated with a new coil with better, thicker wires and or sent in to be fixed.

First, do frequency check, then ground balance, Slow for a minute and then Lock.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Infinium has a freq. selection?

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$599 CDN taxes in but it looks like all you get is the detector, no chargers, extra coils etc..and its a 4 hr drive there. So it would be $100 in fuel as well.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
If you Google Garrett Infinium Forum you will get to a forum dedicated to the Infinium.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Do you want used for 700$? Or a new one with a warranty and you can get a package deal with an extra coil. Unless your set on an infinium I would be careful of used.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you want used for 700$? Or a new one with a warranty and you can get a package deal with an extra coil. Unless your set on an infinium I would be careful of used.

What i really want is a Whites TDi Pro but want waterproof but too so i thought an Infinium as well. I'm so undecided cause i really only want one detector and the Garrett ATX is so out of reach. So confused.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I'm with you as well. I'm trying to decide between a whites Dual Field and Garrett sea Hunter. I have an AT pro but wanting PI depth. You could go with a cheaper new VLF like an AT pro or Gold and once you've found enough gold and coins with it , you can buy an infinium or ATX with your finds. You could easily make enough finds in one season to cover some of the cost or if you're lucky, the whole cost.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you as well. I'm trying to decide between a whites Dual Field and Garrett sea Hunter. I have an AT pro but wanting PI depth. You could go with a cheaper new VLF like an AT pro or Gold and once you've found enough gold and coins with it , you can buy an infinium or ATX with your finds. You could easily make enough finds in one season to cover some of the cost or if you're lucky, the whole cost.

Very good points and I have considered the AT Pro but in my area there isnt alot of water or beach hunting areas and those that are have been being pounded by At Pro users so I'm thinking i want to get a machine that will hopefully pick up what they missed. I really don't want to spend more than $1500.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm looking at the way he has the cord wrapped along the shaft. That tells me that the seller has no idea how to use this detector.

He is frustrated with it, because he has it set up incorrectly.

It's probably a good deal.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Prospector54

Jan 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I also have an opportunity to purchase a infinium LS used. The guy wants 850, but it comes with 3 coils. I asked if negotiable and told me take make an offer. What should I offer? Is this a good deal?
PS- sorry to crash your thread and thanks for any help

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Hello, I also have an opportunity to purchase a infinium LS used. The guy wants 850, but it comes with 3 coils. I asked if negotiable and told me take make an offer. What should I offer? Is this a good deal?
PS- sorry to crash your thread and thanks for any help

I would offer $500.00 cash, then work your way up. Make sure you ask for a demonstration to make sure it works. Also, as how old the coils are. The older coils had a thinner coax cable, which didn't work very well when they got wet.Good luck! Nice to see some more people getting over the fear of using a pulse induction detector. The only issues with using a PI detector, is using them in highly multiple junk littered areas.

Prospector54

Jan 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the quick response, I will offer him 500 and see where it goes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions