By by Tejon and Compadre...Helllo Impact and Mojave. Your thaughts?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bye bye Tejon and Compadre...Helllo Impact and Mojave. Your thaughts?

I have decided to pick up the new Nokta Impact. Because of the heat and dry conditions here in NC I will delay the purchase until the beginning of September. No sense in purchasing a detector only to have the clock tick away at the warranty.

That said, my question has to do with my current Metal detectors.

Once I start using the Impact I doubt very seriously that I will be using My Tejon so, I plan on selling it along with my Compadre and will purchase a new Mojave. Am i making a mistake? Is their any reason i should keep the Tejon? I do like it but i am more of a coin shooter and i think the Mojave may serve me better. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally if I was going to spend the money on a new Impact and Mojave it puts you into new XP Deus land.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have considered the XP Deus but i hear its more for relic hunting. Yes coins can be found with it just as the tejon can but i hear it likes iron more than alot of other machines. Correct me if i am wrong....i have never played with one up close and personal.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had an issue with it in the iron. It does get fooled sometimes by bent square nails. All machines do though. It does have a learning curve like all machines but the rewards are extreme when it's learned. Tabman was in the same boat as you a few months back when he watched my Deus in action and a few weeks later he bought one. He has found a lot of silver with it this year so far. That being said the Mojave is a great machine to and a hard decision to make. Good luck with your choice and I'm sure it will work out whichever way you decide to go.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had an issue with it in the iron. It does get fooled sometimes by bent square nails. All machines do though. It does have a learning curve like all machines but the rewards are extreme when it's learned. Tabman was in the same boat as you a few months back when he watched my Deus in action and a few weeks later he bought one. He has found a lot of silver with it this year so far. That being said the Mojave is a great machine to and a hard decision to make. Good luck with your choice and I'm sure it will work out whichever way you decide to go.

lol who knows...i have a couple months to really feel them out. We have a local MD shop that has all three machines so i will purchase local and play with them all. i have talked to the owner of the store and he recommended the XP as well. He said he had a little wiggle room with the price on the XP but it Looks like everyone is pretty much holding fast on the price of the Impact.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering that the impact is the next in the nokta line I'm sure it's fantastic. I own the relic and racer 2 and they are great machines.
I think in bad ground the Mojave will serve you better than the compadre. But for such a cheap machine I would hold onto the compadre. I hold onto mine because I love the simplicity of it and most ground I hunt is mild.
For the little the compadre costs even new and how little it is you'd get I'd just keep it.
I also use my compadres as intro machines for people interested in the hobby. One knob. No confusion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions