SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well field after field of no coppers I do think I finally found one! :icon_thumleft:Found this coin with a very large hole in the center and nothing but can slaw after that. I though it was unreadle at first but I think I see a woman with a shield and possible 17?7 as a date but my eyes play tricks. The front is definitely a bust facing right with a pointier nose. I hope these pics turn out ok just got a new camera. Any help would be appreciated. Someone was mad at the king im guessing because it was holed angrilly =) and beaten once or twice with something heavy. Thanks again ~Jim
Obverse
georgie2.jpg

Bust
georgie.jpg

Date
georgie1.jpg

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its an old contemporary copper, counterfeit halfpenny by the looks of it. :icon_thumright:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW....Too bad there wasn't just a little more detail. Almost looks like a Nova Eborac, but judging by the condition of the planchet, I would have to say CFT. JMO. Others will pipe in soon. NICE FIND Hogge :headbang:

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys I was thinking counterfeit too. So what kinda age are we talking here. I can really only see 1??8. Hopefully I can get an ID . Think its gonna be my oldest to date, counterfeit or not! Thanks :icon_thumright:

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
I have the 1700s book of world coins. I am trying to find it for you but I am unclear of some of the detail. Is that the head at the 12 o'clock position? Is she sitting? Head looking left or right? Maybe we can figure this out.

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes the most detail is the first shot. Head at the top facing left with a wheel or something round below and right and date on bottom. The plain looking side you can see a bust facing right, pointed nose and nothing much else. Thanks again.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

You have joined the Gold coin club with a Cracker :notworthy: :icon_thumleft:

SS

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not on spec of gold in this copper beauty, what do you mean by cracker? :P

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
soak it in oil and take a semi wet pic please then a dry one see if it brings out anything

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread