Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2007
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello
I'm new to this and could use a little help. I have been reading the great wealth of info on your site and trying to decide which MD’er is right for me. Now that’s a hard decision. LOL
Each time I think I have decided, I come up with a new question OR problem to figure out.
I know I want to search around old houses as well as the beaches. Dry & Wet sand.
Do they make one that works well in BOTH these areas? I’m looking to stay around the $300.00 to $700.00 range
Thanks Tom

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
There are several detectors in that range that will do the job for you. You also have to decide whether you want to have target ID or not. This can narrow down your selections greatly. Give me a call and we can discuss all of your options.
TonyinCT
860-623-1153

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SDiver, just an FYI, but you can't go wrong dealing with Tony, my last detector came from him, got a good price, he answered any question I asked him, and he put up with me changing my mind at least 3 times between the DFX, Exployer SE, and findly settling on my Sovereign GT with the WOT coil.

Speaking of the Sov with WOT, went to Daytona last weekend, could not find anything in the water other then a couple pull tabs with my Excal, so I switched to the Sov with WOT and I found a nice gold 2.5 inch hoop earring with a gold name plate with a Spanish name written in script across the bottom. I also found a nice silver toe ring and clad toe ring all with the Sov and WOT.

I am sure the Excal would have found them, but with the WOT I was able to cover so much more ground. ;D

OP
OP
S

SDiver40

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2007
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your help and your offer to help me find the right MD'er
I found out last night that I had a local whites dealer so I went to see him this morning. I picked up a new M6 and i'm looking forward to getting out and using it this weekend.
Thanks again and I look forward to doing business with you in the future.
Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread