By the Sea....

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
My small kayak was not designed to be paddled on large open waters…but the close proximity of the sea(Long Island Sound actually) and a beautiful day, proved to be too strong a temptation.…After awhile, the fear of capsizing gave way to a great time…I even managed a few pictures..the first 2 are of me, taken my partner in crime..the rest are my attempts at "bob and shoot"…hope you enjoy..

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 321
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 329
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 315
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 331
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 319
  • p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 312
  • p7.jpg
    p7.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 320
  • p8.jpg
    p8.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 307
  • p9.jpg
    p9.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 317

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RON (PA) said:
Beatuiful pics, Copperhead. I wish I was there with you. Looks like a great time.

Ron stated it all ;D No, really it looks like fun and so relaxing...try hitting the rapids of the Ocoee. :o

:wink: RR

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hi, Copperhead,
You have some good pics there. That is alot of fun. When we were down In Can Cun, Mexico, Last
spring we did some that on the ocean, At the condos where we stayed they had kayaks that were hollow and air-filled, sorta like a pontoon. They were a little wider than yours look to be and the area where you sat was all open. There were doubles and singles. We have done alot of canooing
on the rivers up North so we tried them out. They are quite bouyant and set high on the water.
We took a double out for a while as she wanted to try it, but was a little scared to try it by herself. The waves were not very big that day and ocean is so clear and beautiful we had a great time. The only problem we had was when a couple of hot dogs on a jet ski tried to swamp us. We were about 500 feet when the jet ski came straight at us full speed. When he got about 30 feet
ayay, he whirled it at a 90 degree angle to swamp us. He gave us a pretty big wave but the
bouyancy of our kayak kept it upright. My wife wanted to go in then. On the way back to the beach,
we saw those same two guys try to swamp someone else and threw themselves off their own machine.
We got a good laugh about that. Back at the beach, we reported them but they were from some place
so there was nothing to do about it. These things were so much fun, and free for anybody at our
condo that I used them several times out by myself. I kept my eye peeled for the two on that jet ski but they never showed up again. I was ready to smack them with a paddle if they came close.
I would go out again if I had the chance.
Ray karenray08.

OP
OP
Copperhead

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Thanks for the comments..

Ron…I wasn’t expecting to be having this much fun when I decided to buy a one…only regret is not doing it years ago..

RR…yeah it can be relaxing… But I wish I could of gotten some pictures when the wind and waves picked up….I doubt I looked all that "relaxed"..

Ray…Ah yes, the jet skiers…Around here trying to swamp paddlers seems to be one of their favorite pastimes...I found if you whoop and holler like you’re having fun bouncing around in their wakes, they seem to lose interest in you… ;D

Locke

Oct 16, 2007
Those are some nice pictures there...I love going out kayaking, just you, water...and everything under the surface ;D (we had a great white nibble a kayak at Catalina island about a half a year ago :-\)

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos Copperhead, sure does look like fun.. :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread