Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I had a dream that I went metal detecting and found a 1909-S VDB wheat cent. I know, you have to be pretty crazy for this hobby when you start dreaming about it.

So anyway, I went out today in the rain metal detecting (see my other post), and my dream almost came true.

About 6 inches deep, I found a wheat cent.

It was a 1909.

How strange is that??

EDIT: the more I think about this, the weirder it seems. I could have found just a wheat penny today, and that I could have written off as coincidence. But to dream 1909 and then find 1909? I never found a 1909 wheatie before, either. OK, so I was off on the S-VDB, but sometimes you can't have everything :P

Here's a pic of the coin:

Attachments

• find-sept5-1909wheatie.jpg
    find-sept5-1909wheatie.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
lmao......... my hunting buddy had a dream he got a large canadian cent,, same day he told me about it i got a canadian 1/2 cent..he about soiled himself.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Neat story and I've had things happen like this myself.

Hey, I posted this on here a couple years back (old deleted account) but here it goes again.

This is too weird. Before I went to college I was detecting a small park in western Michigan. I couldn't make up my mind on going to school that fall or maybe the next.

Finally I dug up a typeset from one of those old printing presses. I knew it had some letter or number on it but it was all covered with dirt so I couldn't see it. So I said outloud (as I recall), "if I'm supposed to go to college this fall, let this typeset have my initial on it. Guess what? Yep, it had my first initial in capital!

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
So if I think all day about loads of Platinum and Gold and dream it you reckon I could.... ?

Find a penny..yep that would be me.

Congratulations on the 1909 good find.

Postalrevnant

OP
OP
Rusted_Iron

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Finally I dug up a typeset from one of those old printing presses. I knew it had some letter or number on it but it was all covered with dirt so I couldn't see it. So I said outloud (as I recall), "if I'm supposed to go to college this fall, let this typeset have my initial on it. Guess what? Yep, it had my first initial in capital!

Neat story!

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visualize the next world record bass being caught by me....... :D ;D

I have never found a wheatie other than in change occaisionally. Nice job!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats on the 1909.

It's not as weird as you may think.

There have been many of times I said the night before a hunt to my brother that I wanna find let's say a barber quarter.

And believe it or not the next day I would have one. Dreams do come true.

It's good to visualize your next finds. It does work.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread