Upvote 0
OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My question toward that is how long would it take before the new design takes over. Does anyone here who's old enough remember when they started finding more memorial cents than wheat cents?

For me it was in 2009 or 10 when half of the quarters I got back in change were state quarters rather than eagle quarters.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See I think this whole thing depends on how quickly a new design would take over. Because today, 60 something years after the mercury dime was changed. Let's say that they are about 1 in 10000 to find in circulation. Just for easy math. That means about 60 years after they change from roosevelt we'll see about 1 in 10000 roosevelts. Now today let's say that finding a silver roosevelt is about 1 in 1000, again for easy math. So if in 60 years a roosevelt is 1 in 10000 and out of 1000 roosevelts you find 1 silver one that would mean that the odds of finding a silver dime are about 1 in 10,000,000, or 1 in 4000 searched boxes, obviously not worth it. Since the designs which are currently in circulation are also the last ones to have silver, silver hunting won't last long after a redesign. but odds are we'll be hunting for clads sometime in the near future as well. It's all yet to be determined

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Amero will end crhing.

The only answer would be a new SIZE of coins. Because they have been kept the same same size, crhing is possible.

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say in the next 10 years when all physical money is obsolete and everything financial will be on your iphone. I'd say eventually, ALL physical money will be collectible. I hope we're able to at least get a bump in finds when everyone cashes in their physical money. Just my theory.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, it will be over when the mint stops producing half dollars and/or I am unable to obtain them. My quarter, dime, nickel, and cent finds are already so few that its just not feasible to search them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread