C.W. button-503 A?

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
I know, I know, where's the pictures. I and my wife have tried to post some for several weeks. My bro's coming out in the next week to help.
Anyway, I'm in LaGrange TN on 13 acres. I have two areas that are flat, have been unaccessible for a long time and I suspect were campsites during the civil war. I've found 6-7 different types of bullets, 2 buttons I've been told were "confed. floral pattern 1861", rivets for boots or clothes, an ax head, what I think is a tent stake, and many other objects that I'm completely clueless about. Today, however, I think I found a button with a troop #- 503 A. I'm not positive about the 3 because the top part of the number is worn it could be a 5. The "A" is directly underneath the "0", it is also smaller than the other numbers. The numbers are raised and surrounded by a circle that edges the button. any info would be greatly appreciated. -and I'll post pics when I'm able. thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chopper

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
No pic yet, but after a little more cleaning it looks like the "3" could be an S, the button is iron and looks like it was painted white on the face. Its also about the size of a nickle. Any ideas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread