Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

WaynePhillips

Oct 8, 2005
Manila & California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil,

The site that I'm talking about is 6.1 miles up the road that crosses the dam. No right turn. The road turns left just past where the Sanders dug a huge 40' deep "trench" (The term they gave the BLM) and the shaft is just off to the left of the road before it makes a sharp left turn after the trench. It's been quite awhile, but when I was there, the Sanders were mining on the North side of Granite peak, several miles from this site, so I'm not sure if we are talking about the same place.

Wayne

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Has anyone been up to and into Palomas Gap ?
In all of my time in the Caballo Mnts. :P
8) I have never been in there! ;D
I have heard of some mighty & pretty strange and spooky :o things going on in there! :-\
Especially on the south side ! :o of the "GAP!"

Homesteader

Apr 18, 2003
Silver City, NM USA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went into the gap once years ago with my Dad and his partner. A real long time ago and only a kid, but I remember it as very rough country. Think we were doing some exploration work for uranium or vanadium. I don't think we found or saw anything unusual, but all of that country from there to victrorio peak always kind of spooked me.

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
Hi Rock Mom, sounds like the gov was very interested in your well, if its an old one, I would see whats at the bottom they may have been there to do just that! maybee some goodies down there

GangGreen

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Hey Nick,

Just wondering about your progress on your treasure cache at Caballo. Hopefully you'll get the go ahead soon and can start digging it out.

Take care,

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread