Cabin Site Gold

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out with my Tesoro Toltec II this morning to a cabin site i have hunted with Digital/hi tech machines.
I took the Tesoro Analog machine out this morning, to honor my hunting partner of 23 years that died yesterday morning @ 4AM James J. Sullivan...a more knowledgeable treasure hunter i have never meet.
So i walk up to the cabin site...tune the machine and say " alright Jimmy Joe, i know your with me show me a good target"....first and only target... out pops what looks like a gold tooth at 4" deep....i got goose bumps ....filled the hole and left the site.
Looks like a Colonel Gangster`s Tooth...when did they first use gold for teeth?...this site does not appear on my 1860`s map
OK Jimmy i will ask no more of you my friend...thanks for the memories !
Rest in Peace
Gary
Picture 10.jpg Picture 11.jpg Picture 12.jpg Picture 13.jpg Picture 14.jpg

Upvote 24

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find!

I'm not sure when they first started making gold teeth.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just never know. Nice find to remember him by.

Sorry about the passing of your friend.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a nice post. This is why I come on TNET. Congrats on your nice find, and timeless friendship.

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary this is one of the best posts I've ever seen. First off I am so sorry you lost your friend and hunting buddy. But I am a huge believer in something that we don't understand a higher power and this certainly checks that box in my opinion. Thanks for this great post my friend

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck of a find. sorry about your friend. RJ

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off, Gary, let me say I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. We only get so many true ones in our life, so honoring him with your hunt as well as your very kind words here about him shows me you consider him to be one of the real ones. He definitely guided you on this find, and I bet he is up there grinning at the odd find he helped you with. I agree with Abe that this is one beautiful post. May God help you in your time of loss.

OP
OP
G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Everyone
I hunted his pasture yesterday cryin like a baby, right after his passing and found/posted the 1822 Largie....i didn't know what else to do
dontknow.gif
my mind was racing and reflecting.
I think maybe souls that are close to us may show themselves...i thought i might see him out in his beloved land in the pasture that we hunted last.....call me sappy but that who i am.
thank you .
Gary

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary, I call you human and a good man. Nothing sappy about your reactions.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everyone
I hunted his pasture yesterday cryin like a baby, right after his passing and found/posted the 1822 Largie....i didn't know what else to do
dontknow.gif
my mind was racing and reflecting.
I think maybe souls that are close to us may show themselves...i thought i might see him out in his beloved land in the pasture that we hunted last.....call me sappy but that who i am.
thank you .
Gary

Gary I have a lot of respect for a man who's not afraid to show his emotions. Were not big tough robots. Were just people who feel things. Oddly enough I get more emotional over seeing others sadness than my own. And anything to do with animals gets to me too. So from one big strong rugged hard working cry baby to another....be well my friend and know your friend will always be close to you. Especially when you're outside in some beautiful place swinging your machine. So enjoy it my friend and celebrate the friendship that many never get to experience

OP
OP
G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gary I have a lot of respect for a man who's not afraid to show his emotions. Were not big tough robots. Were just people who feel things. Oddly enough I get more emotional over seeing others sadness than my own. And anything to do with animals gets to me too. So from one big strong rugged hard working cry baby to another....be well my friend and know your friend will always be close to you. Especially when you're outside in some beautiful place swinging your machine. So enjoy it my friend and celebrate the friendship that many never get to experience
Abe thanks
I know what you mean about the animals.
We have a commercial about Animal cruelty on TV dogs and cats that were abused...sad music playing in the back ground it breaks my heart.
I grab my 2 Pit Bulls and hug them,and tell them thanks for giving me a good home with them !
Gary

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gary I'll say that reading your posting has brought back memories and having dug something in honour of someone is just something that happens and I truly believe there's more to it than most went to believe. Losing a friend of so many years is like or more than losing a family member as a true friends are few, my sincerest condolences for your loss.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that tooth is Jimmy's way of passing the torch. Sounds like you lost a remarkable friend, may he rest in piece.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread