Cache BLADES from the field that never fails!

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
This is for Adena man! Here is just a quick snap of some of the cache blades I found. I didn't dig out my glass top display table but I just took the one pic. It's a 3 piece table but I only shot the middle section. It contains the biggest of the blades. I'm planning on seperating them into the caches they were found in but I didn't have time today. All of them in the middle were found in 2 seperate caches except the Long one on the far left and the grey one in the second row. I promise I'll get better more organized pictures of these blades!

xstevenx

Attachments

• Cannon\'s 1 312.jpg
    Cannon\'s 1 312.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 614
Upvote 0

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
WOW! Nice cache Johnny X! I can only imagine what it is like to find 20 or so blades or points like that in one small area. I'm going to the field where I found my little cache tomorrow morning. I'll be thinking big cache the whole time! Actually, I'll be glad to find anything at this point. This will be my first hunt this year.

Awesome cache! Post pics of the others if you get a chance.

P

pickaway

HOLY MOLY!!!! nice blades, ive only found 3 blades at this site im hunting now and they werent together but i know theres got to be a cache or 2 there somewhere i hope, Thanks for the pic it woke me up after 17 hours and counting at work!!!!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Impressive, I have never found a cache!

Fossis.............

A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

I know a fellow digger here who found a stack of cache blades in an old slough near hear. I really didn't know if he knew what he was talking about until I saw them. They look similar to the ones you have shown there made out of an odd creamy white stone. They were apparently stacked one atop the other. He offered to sell them to me once upon a time for 10 bucks a piece....I guess I should have taken him up on it, but they were only roughed out and at the time I was on a "quest for perfection"....might have to look him up and see if he still wants to part with them...lol

Atlantis

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Hey atlantis! I'd hit him up on that offer. The biggest cache I found started by me finding 3 blades on top of the ground within a 1ft sq radius.. So I took my walking stick and started pulling the mud away then I saw them.. Stacked on top of each other, just as you were told about that man's cache. They were spaced about 1/2 inch apart. They're different sizes but including the 3 I found on the surface.. that cache contained 19 blades. There may have been more because my uncle found a huge blade in almost the same location.

Thanks for the post.

xstevenx

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I have found several caches, generally in pits (often covered with limestone or sandstone slabs) and in isolated areas. My favorite was a cache of Sequoyah points that were all around 2" long, the longest being close to 2 1/2". There also was a killer drill (Perino thought it could be hairpin..but I'm not sure) with the group. Another notable group was a cache of Grand points, some of them were "killed", or broken across the center. Fortunately, the best broken one I was able to match both halves of...there were 22 in that group I believe. Another Cache was of unusual THIN , well made blades with an unusual base configuration. Most all of them were also broken across the center. I did find both halves of one of them. The unusual part about them is one side of the hafting area was concave, while the other was convex....with a concave base. They looked very early, but nobody can truely explain their unusual design. Used to, I would find a cache or so a year (keep in mind, this is going through a TON of points). About 10 years ago, I threw away a cache of about 40 blades / preforms between 3-5" or so long each. It's a long story..lol.

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Matt R said:
I have found several caches, generally in pits (often covered with limestone or sandstone slabs) and in isolated areas. My favorite was a cache of Sequoyah points that were all around 2" long, the longest being close to 2 1/2". There also was a killer drill (Perino thought it could be hairpin..but I'm not sure) with the group. Another notable group was a cache of Grand points, some of them were "killed", or broken across the center. Fortunately, the best broken one I was able to match both halves of...there were 22 in that group I believe. Another Cache was of unusual THIN , well made blades with an unusual base configuration. Most all of them were also broken across the center. I did find both halves of one of them. The unusual part about them is one side of the hafting area was concave, while the other was convex....with a concave base. They looked very early, but nobody can truely explain their unusual design. Used to, I would find a cache or so a year (keep in mind, this is going through a TON of points). About 10 years ago, I threw away a cache of about 40 blades / preforms between 3-5" or so long each. It's a long story..lol.

Threw away????????? Gah, It does sound like a long story.

xstevenx

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Yup..threw away....almost kinda on purpose, but not really..sorta..kinda. LOL. I'll just have to relay the story to you sometime! It would be much easier to tell in a chat context than typing it all out.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely stunning. W :o W!!

Now, you are just gonna have to come to chat one night, I got to hear this story from Matt. ;D

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread