Cache in Alabama??

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
-All-

Caches are created everyday. Today might be your lucky day if you live in ALABAMA?!?!

I usually post in the CRH forum, but today I heard of a story that might trip your interest.

The name is Martin Schrenker and I'd love to see someone on this forum find the loot, if there is any. The guy literally lived 5 mins from my house. Have you heard of this guy...o yeah, it's another one of the guys who was doing a PONZI scheme stealing investors money. He jumped out of his plane over ALABAMA with a reported 1100 oz of gold. He says he dropped it in the river. Do some legwork, find where he jumped and go search the creek / pond he landed in. Let me know if you can find anything. Oh yeah, and this came out on the news TODAY!

Good Luck,

~phrostie~

P.S. All I ask is that if anything is found, keep details and send me some pics! And if you want to send me 1 oz. I won't complain!

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101012/BUSINESS/10120387

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
crazy story...
He burried the gold, or hid it.. SO when he gets out of jail he will go back and get it. But by now he probably has a partner who already got it.

Save your time... :)

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i remember when this story broke. the guy jumped not far from where i live. the story though sounds kind of fishy. how much would that gold weigh in pounds? and if he did bury it (and i don't believe the story) why would he talk about it? they guy jumped over north alabama at night and missed his mark and landed on the coosa river. he then went down river to a residence and told the local guy that he had turned over his canoe and needed a ride. the local gave him a ride to a local store and called the sheriff's dept. the deputy that responded did a check on him and he came back clean at the time because no one was looking for him yet. the deputy took him to a hotel. from there he got someone to take him to a nearby storage unit where he had stashed a motorcycle. from there he went to a campground where he stayed until the fbi closed in on him.
to me if he had the gold he would have went back for it and moved it to another location i would think. the guy is a conartist. think this is just another one of his games, but who knows, maybe i might do a little research and go poking around on the coosa river soon. if i don't find any gold i am sure there are some arrowheads waiting to be found around that river.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
i remember when this story broke. the guy jumped not far from where i live. the story though sounds kind of fishy. how much would that gold weigh in pounds? and if he did bury it (and i don't believe the story) why would he talk about it? they guy jumped over north alabama at night and missed his mark and landed on the coosa river. he then went down river to a residence and told the local guy that he had turned over his canoe and needed a ride. the local gave him a ride to a local store and called the sheriff's dept. the deputy that responded did a check on him and he came back clean at the time because no one was looking for him yet. the deputy took him to a hotel. from there he got someone to take him to a nearby storage unit where he had stashed a motorcycle. from there he went to a campground where he stayed until the fbi closed in on him.
to me if he had the gold he would have went back for it and moved it to another location i would think. the guy is a conartist. think this is just another one of his games, but who knows, maybe i might do a little research and go poking around on the coosa river soon. if i don't find any gold i am sure there are some arrowheads waiting to be found around that river.

Did you hear all of this information on a local TV or radio station? Or newspaper?

OP
OP
phrostie

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
probably is crap but if you could find 1100 ozs of gold thats over 1 mil = set for life.

The story was all over the news probably 6 to 8 months ago. The gold part just came out.

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Bullocks! That is 91.7 pounds of dead weight, dense and clumsy like lead. You can't jump with a chest, and to have it all in a bag it, would slide and shift around and making jumping from a plane a very dicey business. I gold dredge, and since I use a two layer "farmer john" style suit, my weight belt is at 70 pounds. I made the mistake of buying a Keene weight belt (poorly designed) which wears like a sack with individual compartments to hold the individual bags of lead shot, it is an absolute nightmare of a weight belt to say the least. There are many occasions where that belt would shift around and be such a hassle, that I have fought it to the point that it made me so exhausted that it made me vomit. So, take it into consideration that this is on the ground and in a shallow river. Now consider fighting this kind of weight that is 22 pounds heavier, and trying to retain your proper form during a skydive, it is virtually impossible, and this is not even considering how that extra weight would affect the standard one-man-chute. Even if you can pull it off in free-fall, the gold's weight would botch your proper landing and cause you to greatly injure yourself.

This story also reeks of a modern copy cat version of the D.B. Cooper robbery/getaway.

I smell a great amount of Alabama farm manure. >:(

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cap'n Crunch said:
Bullocks! That is 91.7 pounds of dead weight, dense and clumsy like lead. You can't jump with a chest, and to have it all in a bag it, would slide and shift around and making jumping from a plane a very dicey business.

:icon_scratch: Rekin that's how he ended up in the Coosa? :D

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
His personal statements have been thoroughly quoted in our local news here since this is where his plane finally crashed. He was quoted as saying that he had a canvas bag with a few pounds of clothing, cash and gold specie (coins and small ingots) that broke away and sank when he and his chute landed in the Coosa River near Childersburg, AL. I will try my best to find a link to this - but I'm certain it was no where near the 1100 oz. that have been rumored.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions