duggr

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious if you ever got the go ahead to hunt the land?!!

The guy that owned the land just returned home a few days ago! unfortunately the Rising
Mississippi River has kept both my friend and I busy...The water is now slowly moving back to it's normal
river stage but still pretty high...Funny I just called him yesterday to see how he is doing, besides dealing
with the water he has been under the weather as well...He said when things got back to normal he would
talk to his friend who owns the land....It's a waiting game now! I'll let all of you know what happens when
I find something more out.....Duggr

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The guy that owned the land just returned home a few days ago! unfortunately the Rising
Mississippi River has kept both my friend and I busy...The water is now slowly moving back to it's normal
river stage but still pretty high...Funny I just called him yesterday to see how he is doing, besides dealing
with the water he has been under the weather as well...He said when things got back to normal he would
talk to his friend who owns the land....It's a waiting game now! I'll let all of you know what happens when
I find something more out.....Duggr

If I was you Id get a dowser to dowse a photo or a topo map of the place or draw a hand map and have it dowsed that's what I always do to start out a cache site. There are dowsers in this forum site that would dowse a picture etc for free. rwd mo just a thought

O

Old Silver

My guess would be that these milk cans would have been laid on their sides, and not upright. First of all, the old man would not have had to dig as deep to bury them. He would have had to dig a larger area, but in softer topsoil. Also, I think the cans would have better stayed put laid on their sides, because ground water can lift a lot of weight out of the ground. The main reason I'm saying this is, 5 milk cans, especially laid on their side, would be almost impossible to miss with any detector. I would think the signal from these would blast your ears off. So I wouldn't worry too much about small signals, or faint signals. While a two box unit is best for cache hunting, for something this size I would go ahead and search with just about any detector I could get my hands on.

Last edited:

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ff
Frankn
I have a guy that has a Discovery TF 900....would this be good enough or maybe I should
get a Large searchcoil for my etrac as well
Duggr

If you believe in dowsing I would find a dowser and have a map or picture dowsed. It would save valuable time and work for you.I do this before I ever try to grid a site,but as was said you need to get some kind of agreement and if u have had the place dowsed and get a hit and if the owner gets awkward (mad) at you then first mark off some bogus places in case he would dig while you were not their????? jmho been their done that. Had some bad experiences so beware!!!!! rwd mo.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TF900 is the same as TM800 just marketed under a different name.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread