CACHE OR ROBBERY FIND?

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
I went out yesterday to a lot abought an acr,in size.homes were torn down in the 70's under urban renewal.the dozers have scraped away the brush and small trees for the addition to a industral park.anyway thought i would try my luck before it was to late.Within moments of walking on the site I found coins laying on the ground. clads 25,10,5,1cents.

Over half of what i picked and dug up was within a ten sq,ft.area.dozers had moved it all over the lot.spent 4 1/2 hours and picked up $37.16. I'm at a loss as to how this got on the property becouse no homes or buildings or use of lot in over twenty years.No other homes around for some kid to have hid his cache.My only thinking is that on one side of the lot is a car wash and a lee's chicken and gas station that might have been robed at one time.All of the coins had dates from 1965-1993 so i feel that it was dumped or lossed sometime in or after 1993.

What I found.

25 CENT = 114 EA.
10 CENT = 37EA
5 CENT = 10EA
1 CENT = 2246EA.

Upvote 0

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a car wash was near-by, it may have been where the vacuum cleaners were emptied

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
I'd agree with Charles, I think he has nailed it.

In fact,there are many more sites like this out there, emptying the vacuums in the adjacent property seemed to be the easy way to get rid of the particulate.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WOW!,,, I've got just a little over that amount in clad, ( $40.07 ) in the little over 3 months I have been detecting... WTG!!!

OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Thank's guy's,that makes sense to me.Car wash has been on lot from the late 60's.Just think of the change that would have been dumped if they had not stoped in 1993.That being the latest coin date. HH

G

goldchuck

Yes most surely from the car wash. They also clean out the pits in the wash bays and wheelbarrow the mud to adjacent lots or out behind the car wash somewhere where over time it will look like several mounds. Good Hunting. Charlie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread