Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look under your state at the bottom of treasurenet forum page

K

Kentucky Kache

illocal said:
Hello all, I was looking for some help finding some possible cache stories to research in illinois. I am fairly new to the sight and was looking for some guidance. Any help would be appreciated. I am located in west central ill. Thanks

What county are you in?

K

Kentucky Kache

illocal said:
I'm in knox county, west central illinois.

I don't have anything for Knox. What are your surrounding counties?

K

Kentucky Kache

illocal said:
Kentucky Kache said:
illocal said:

warren, henderson, fulton, not too far from spoon river, rock river, illinois river, or the mississippi river

-Fulton County-
At a ford on the Spoon River, seven Indians robbed a gold shipment of $15,000 intended for the lead mines at Galena. The Indians were caught on Blue Creek about two miles from the scene of the robbery. Although two spades with fresh dirt on them lay near the Indians, the $15,000 had disappeared. An 1876 map gives the location of the fight as "Gold Crossing."

OP
OP
illocal

illocal

Greenie
Mar 18, 2011
west central illinois
Kentucky Kache said:
illocal said:
Kentucky Kache said:
illocal said:

warren, henderson, fulton, not too far from spoon river, rock river, illinois river, or the mississippi river

-Fulton County-
At a ford on the Spoon River, seven Indians robbed a gold shipment of $15,000 intended for the lead mines at Galena. The Indians were caught on Blue Creek about two miles from the scene of the robbery. Although two spades with fresh dirt on them lay near the Indians, the $15,000 had disappeared. An 1876 map gives the location of the fight as "Gold Crossing."

thanks i'll try to find that map and look into that. If you could let me know where you got that information I would appreciate that. I have a map of the galena trail that runs through fulton county so i'll try and correlate the two. Thanks alot

Mar 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been able to find anything about this robbery, or location....the only blue creek i'm finding is many miles from spoon river....any info that could help? Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread