CADDO INDIAN FROG BOWL

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this immaculate pot when i was 16 at a lake near my childhood home, me and my brother would take a boat to an island and look around for arrowheads and what not.. I allways looked on the high banks of the island after it would come a good rain, and one day i was looking around the bank and i seen a broken shard of poetry so i figured there might be more of that same pot there so i kept on looking until i found to where the side of the bank had fallen off into the water's edge, and then i saw it!! it was just laying there right in the open for everyone to see!!!! my heart just about jumped out of my chest when i seen it, so i carefully picked it up after looking around to see if there was more, and took it home i didn't find anything inside the bowl, so i dont know what might have been in it.. but any way this is my best find.. hope you enjoy..

Attachments

• Picture 118.jpg
    Picture 118.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 1,764
Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a fantastic find :thumbsup: can you tell me more about it, like what it would have been used for :icon_study:

OP
OP
ink-a-alot

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
What a fantastic find :thumbsup: can you tell me more about it, like what it would have been used for :icon_study:
Well its not a water bottle, i if i had to guess i would say water :icon_scratch:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ink-a-alot said:
Silver Searcher said:
Well its not a water bottle, i if i had to guess i would say water :icon_scratch:
Thought it might be used for ceremonial purposes :icon_scratch:

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice - is your old home in East Texas by any chance???????? If so, maybe we could go look at that old lake sometime!

That's one of the nicest finds I've seen on this forum! Only body shards and rim pieces for me. It would be a dream come true if I ever found a whole bowl or pot from my home land. Thanks for posting that remarkable find!
Dave.

O

ohannos

Really cool find. Wonder what tribe and how old it might be. Try and post it in the indian artifacts forum.
// ohannos

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second the idea to post it in the Indian Artifacts section of this forum - there are some really excellent researchers there who I'm sure would love to see it and could probably provide you with lots more information on it.

Once in a lifetime find.

OP
OP
ink-a-alot

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubfan64 said:
I second the idea to post it in the Indian Artifacts section of this forum - there are some really excellent researchers there who I'm sure would love to see it and could probably provide you with lots more information on it.

Once in a lifetime find.
the tribe is CAddo indian

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!...That is a artifact that very few of us will ever come across.....But we all dream of such a find....Thankyou for sharing....Steve

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool piece!

So did I understand the story correct? Was it found in 2 pieces & you repaired it? If so is it missing any bits or is it all there?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find congrats.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inks great find. We all dream of a bowl like that here in America. I was tournament fishing off some islands with a drawn partner when I looked down and saw a clay bowl about 6 feet down on the bottom. I stopped fishing and stripped down and dove down and got it. It was a modern clay bowl and my fishing partner thought I was nuts.
Very nice. I am sure that area of yours always held something.
I hope you kept it.
HH
TnMtns

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Inks great find. We all dream of a bowl like that here in America. I was tournament fishing off some islands with a drawn partner when I looked down and saw a clay bowl about 6 feet down on the bottom. I stopped fishing and stripped down and dove down and got it. It was a modern clay bowl and my fishing partner thought I was nuts.
Very nice. I am sure that area of yours always held something.
I hope you kept it.
HH
TnMtns

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
sounds like me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread