Cajun Mother Lode! Best score in 4+ yrs, nearly solid rolls with PICS!!!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
What a great day CRHing today! Been down here in Louisiana for about a month now, and had pretty good luck -- one or two here and there so far. Well, today it went from good to unbelievable!

Decided to hit a few banks that were open on Saturday. Here's the blow by blow:

Bank 1: Got $10 from teller trays, one 40%er. Sweet start!
Bank 2: WOW! Asked for halves, one teller has 13 CWRs. Buy them all and head to the car. Decide to open one just to see. Open the end and see a 1967 right on top! Pop them out in my hand, and 17 more silvers with 2 clad! Getting pretty excited :laughing7: Open the rest and have a few rolls that are almost all solid silver. Total: 108 40%ers!!!! Also scored a 1982 P No FG in AU.

Can it get any better?????

Bank 3: Get a handful of clad.... Oh well, can't last all day.
Bank 4: Teller tray score of $9.50 in halves, I see the silver before he even counts them out! Added 2 1964s and 9 more 40%ers!
Bank 5: Nothing....
Bank 6: Dump bank, drop off a bunch of coins I've been thru this week along with all the clad. My new best friend teller saved a 1960D Roosevelt for me! Bought it for ten cents. She is awesome, and getting chocolate next week.
Bank 7: Pick up $200 in dimes to run thru for fun. Scored ten BU 2009s (lots more down here than we had in Missouri) and get teased by one 1988 Canadian.

Total Haul: 118 40%ers, 2 1964 halves, 1 1960D dime. Checked all the halves for varieties (Cherry Pickers Guide), and got a nice 1965 DDR and 1967 DDR, both in near BU.

Last time I got this many in one day was in 2007!

RileyBoy says it best: "It's out there"

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving. Now, I've got about 18 more ounces of silver to be thankful for!

Sorry for the bad pic. Took it with my phone.

HH

Attachments

• LA SILVER.jpg
    LA SILVER.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 983
Upvote 0

Zephr

Oct 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice score of silver! You may want to head back to the bank that had the (almost) solid rolls of silver and a week or so and see if they have more.

About 2 months ago I scored a solid roll and when I went back a week later the teller said the same guy that brought in the first roll brought in 5 more that week. A total of 6 nearly solid rolls, and I would have missed 5 of them if I had thought, "I've already got their silver, no use in trying again."!

dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Since they were all 40%'ers in the big batch of CWRs I bet they were aware of the 64s being silver. If they knew they just threw away $500 worth of silver wowww lol

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Zephr said:
Very nice score of silver! You may want to head back to the bank that had the (almost) solid rolls of silver and a week or so and see if they have more.

About 2 months ago I scored a solid roll and when I went back a week later the teller said the same guy that brought in the first roll brought in 5 more that week. A total of 6 nearly solid rolls, and I would have missed 5 of them if I had thought, "I've already got their silver, no use in trying again."!

Good advice! Thanks! I'm headed back because the teller had several hundred in mixed small dollars. Several SBAs mixed in, and I've found three of the 79P near dates down here already. So, hoping to find some more. He was a friendly teller, so I'll hit him up again after Turkey Day.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From catching up on Tnet member LJ's posts last week I believe she was from Louisiana, and she found tons, so you may be in the right place. Keep up the good work. :icon_thumleft:

HH

Nick

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to hear your doing well. That's a great score :thumbsup:

Your searching sure paid off today.

Hope the good luck continues for you. Continued HH!

Zephr said:

I had similar success at a bank last month. One week I got a solid roll of '68D's then I think it was just a week later I scored 42 x 40% from just $50 or so from the same bank. I think the coins may have been from the same customer but I'm not sure. Since then I haven't had any luck there but I still keep checking every week.

HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great job with the road trip today!!! That is an an awesome haul. Looks like you found a bank that doesn't cull silver! :hello2:

HH and happy holidays!

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!

The legendary LJ must have been retired for a while. Last time (2008) I was down in Cajun area tellers in every bank I went to told me the same thing: a middle-aged woman (LJ) just bought all the halves.

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Numismaniac,
Well deserved! Glad to see you haul in such a sweet scores!
Best wishes,
Steve

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I call that a score! Congrats! That is a load!

apush :read2:

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I love reading about success stories like yours. Congratulations on never giving up and having "good timing" and some luck on your side :)

I can only imagine how excited you were when you began to unwrap those beauties!!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice work....congrats. I may have to start hitting the banks again....lol!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
LJ said:

You better hurry since you are "middle-aged". Have your ears been burning? There was a recent thread where you were mentioned and introduced to the newcomers. It would explain all the recent profile views. Hope all is well. :hello:

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
LJ,

I will never achieve your Legend Status! I've only been here in LA for about a month and have to admit the hunting is good down here -- gotta love that Cajun Silver!

HH

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Numismaniac said:
LJ,

I will never achieve your Legend Status! I've only been here in LA for about a month and have to admit the hunting is good down here -- gotta love that Cajun Silver!

HH

Keep hitting em hard & I wish you continued success. I think with persistence, it will pay off nicely for you. I had a ball when I was CRH'ing. Legend....I think not!! Again, good luck.

Diver_Down said:
LJ said:

You better hurry since you are "middle-aged". Have your ears been burning? There was a recent thread where you were mentioned and introduced to the newcomers. It would explain all the recent profile views. Hope all is well. :hello:

Hey, how have you been? No, my ears haven't been burning....lol. Lately, I do feel every bit of that middle aged status these days I might add....ha! Didn't see the thread but hello to all the newcomers and hope your next stop is "loaded". Remember, there is a silver lining in every cloud! Keep plugging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread