Cale Coral vacation finds for a couple of days...

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We’re thoroughly loving the pleasant temperature of SW Florida, and getting in a little detecting each day. We’re not finding a lot, but that’s ok because it’s all about relaxing for a couple of weeks. We have friends and family here, so every day my wife seems to find something for us to do...usually surrounding friends, family and food.

We did take yesterday to go shark tooth hunting on the beach in Englewood, Florida. I would take my sand scoop and sift a small mountain of shells that Mama would then go through to find the teeth that our grandkids requested we bring back for them. Then I would go off swinging the Equinox 600 in search of treasure. The beach was filled with retirees like ourselves, and I was only able to find one quarter and one penny. I joked with some of the beach goers that old folks like us don’t lose stuff like the youngsters do. :icon_thumright: I'm sure we’ll get another day of this hunting in before heading back to Ohio. Here are the sharks teeth finds...

3C3A7022-AC72-458E-BB11-724665E6D0F7.jpeg

The detecting finds included the ubiquitous trash, most of which was put in cans along the beaches, but I left some for the finds photos so you don’t think we ignore trash.

93FD7661-3EB0-4B25-BF20-96E2927BF596.jpeg

As many of you Equinox users will appreciate, these little rivet heads deep in the sand drove me crazy more than once. But it shows how good the Equinox pick these things up at 6” and lower.

5CCB7776-1FF5-4D28-B54F-60A20F55EA46.jpeg

The best finds of the last two days were this 20 Pence coin, bling earring, and silver stud earring with stones. It’s pretty crusty, but with a little cleaning will shine right up.

ADC0148E-1F5E-4CDD-B476-DE35071AA6EF.jpeg

The gold plated watch from Saturday is still the best find, but rest assured we will keep the posts coming as we find more vacation treasures. Thanks for Looking!

Upvote 15

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! No better way to relax and unwind.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, your grand kids are going to love them teeth!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!! Congrats!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your having fun Thanks for sharing your adventure 2 girls on in collage its been 10 years since I had a vacation I think my wife has her mind set on new carpets before a vacation someday...... Have fun my friend

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread