caledonia native copper mine?

Schlekewy

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2010
We went to the mine last year. Sorting the pile by yourself would take longer than the time spent, I would recommend at least 3 people to go through it all. I came out with some nice 7-10 pound specimens and many smaller pieces. Sorry can't find my pictures of my finds but can post them later if interested.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, please post pix! 7 - 10 lb? wow, that would be great! are you doing anything with them? I saw some very nice display pieces. will have to get up there, sounds great!

Upvote 0

rocksandjewels

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2008
MI
A friend was there this past summer and was quite happy with the specimens that he took home with him. Hopefully, I will make it there this summer. ;D

Upvote 0

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bonus -

The UP is a great place - lots to see for a rock hound (and how can you be a MD'er and not a rocky?)

U of Mich Mineral Museum - world class stuff.

Other mine tours. Gorgeous scenery.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Bum Luck said:
Bonus -

The UP is a great place - lots to see for a rock hound (and how can you be a MD'er and not a rocky?)

U of Mich Mineral Museum - world class stuff.

Other mine tours. Gorgeous scenery.

I have always wanted to head up that way for rocks. It sounds like a pebble puppies paradise. & I would have to take my fishin'rod cuz I hear it's amazing up there. lets see, copper, agates, fishin, museums, mine tours, would a month be enuf? don't think so.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions